Guild Wars

Pelagrin

Has anyone here tried out Guild Wars? The next beta event is 4/15-17 and then the game will be released shortly after that.

I didn't think much of the game in the first two beta events that I participated in (November & December), then I skipped January and then played again in February. They have definitely been working hard on it because the game I played in December is completely different than the one I played in February. It's pretty awesome!

I honestly haven't gotten far enough into it to see how it rates from a Christian perspective, but the fact that there is magic in the game will turn off quite a few Christians.

Anyway, if anyone here is playing in April's beta event, keep an eye out for me. My character's name is Simon the Zealot

I may participate, if only to see if a Tribe of Judah chapter for Guild Wars would be a good idea. A few members have mentioned an interest in a chapter, so we'll see.

I have been in each open weekend since October. I like how it has changed with each month. My character that I will be using once the game goes live is Talori Jarah, but I had created a new character to check out the new start area the past 2 open weekends. So I may be playing as Daliyah Chets for this last open beta, since Talori is not as well equipped and "outdated" with the old and I didn't feel like restarting her in case I wanted to visit the higher areas I had her in.

I am one who likes to do all the quests and gather stuff , so I frequently am out exploring on my own, or with the 'bots' they provide. You will not see me in the pvp arenas :p Would love to be a part of a family in Guild Wars though.

I know Jazmina and Blednnyn have done Guild Wars. Ask them to see what their opinions are and if they're still doing it. They seemed to really enjoy some of the aspects of the game last I hear.

Hey Tek, I'd be interested in helping start a GW chapter. In fact, that's part of why I came here in the first place-- to see if one existed, and if not, to help start it up. I also found a small group of people online who have already started their own small GW clan (Spirit of Elijah, or SoE). I'm going to attempt to contact them in-game this weekend and see what they're about. Here's the website I found:

http://www.transfigure.net/soeforum/

Incidentally, this thread is now listed first if you type "Christian Guild Wars Clan" (minus the quotes) into Google.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Hey Tek, I'd be interested in helping start a GW chapter. In fact, that's part of why I came here in the first place-- to see if one existed, and if not, to help start it up.
Excellent! Go ahead and e-mail me at tek7 AT toj DOT cc or IM me (my IM IDs are listed in my forum profile). I'll walk you through the spiel about chapter leadership.

I also found a small group of people online who have already started their own small GW clan (Spirit of Elijah, or SoE). I'm going to attempt to contact them in-game this weekend and see what they're about.
Awesome. ^^ I'd also be interested in inducting them into the Christian Gamers Alliance as an affiliate, if they're willing.

Incidentally, this thread is now listed first if you type "Christian Guild Wars Clan" (minus the quotes) into Google.
Rock on.

Okay, I've downloaded the client install and have created an account. Now I just need a guest pass for the upcoming weekend event.

Would anyone happen to have a Guild Wars guest pass they'd be willing to send me? If so, please e-mail it to tek7 AT toj DOT cc.

Last edited:
Hi I'm from the SoE GW Guild and just thought that I would say hello. We are willing to take new members as long as they agree to our rules which are pretty much standard stuff for Christians, no swearing etc. anyways check us out and post any questions in our forums.http://soe.transfigure.net Cya and God Bless.

Last edited:
Just a quick heads up. Tek, Gideon and I talked last night. SoE is now affiliated with ToJ as the Guild Wars clan. Gideon will be heading it up, and I'll be assisting in some capacity. At this point, everything else is up in the air, but we'll probably be able to hash out a plan in the BWE. Look for a Roll Call topic to be posted very soon.

Actually you talked to Silver Sand the leader of SoE, i'm his friend and also a moderator of the SoE website. I hadn't heard about how the conversation went last night though, so I guess it sounds like it went well. glad to hear it.

B-man said:
can anyone get my a guest pass for the last beta event? D:
Sorry, B-man. I only have a guest pass because Tolkien was kind enough to send me one. I hope you can get a hold of one before the weekend's over!

Back