Best Internet radio stations?

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
With my primary PC down, I don't have access to my ~3,500 MP3 collection. Could anyone recommend some quality Internet radio stations to help me stay sane until I can get my primary PC back up and running.

Good news: I was able to repair the corruption on my 200GB drive by installing it in Ember's PC and running chkdsk, w00t! So, I have all my snazzy music again, but I'll still check out these stations while I'm on my backup PC (the 667MHz Compaq) and when I go back to school this fall.

So, let's keep this thread rollin'! If you listen to Internet radio, spread the <3 for your favorite stations.

SirThom said:
Hm...what kind of music do you listen to, Tek? Contemp? Rock? Rap? Eh?
I have a rather eclectic taste, though I'm very picky when it comes to what I listen to. I'll skip my usual rant on the crapulence of modern mainstream music in America.

Last edited:
My favorites:

www.bassdrive.com: drum and bass
www.destroyer.net: drum and bass, breaks
www.idealsound.ca: house, trance, breaks
www.urbandrop.ca: drum and bass
www.last.fm: customizable free personal radio station
www.di.fm: trance, house, chillout, etc, etc
www.djshagz.com: because he rocks

If you use iTunes, there's a pretty nice radio "tuning service" that updates to a big and diverse Apple radio database. Most of those I listed are on there (although mind you, they don't have anything to do with Apple exactly).

And it's not radio exactly, but I will take this opportunity (bwahaha) to plug my own music, located at www.realmofshazbot.com. I'm putting up new music all the time so if you like that sort of thing, check it out, tell your friends, send me money, whatever.

Last edited:
Back