ToJ Game Server Cancellation

Plankeye

I have recently found out our server host is allowing adult content. When I orginally picked ServerBeach as our server host, I chose them because of their strong stance in their Terms of Service and Accetable Use Policy against adult content. This is no longer the case. I will be closing down the account as soon as possable. I need to make backups of all game servers so they will be going down.

The donations I have received to support the server for the next month will be put back in the ToJ general fund to cover website hosting costs and future projects.

I apologize for the short notice, but I feel very strongly about this.

hescominsoon said:
Look at hte announcment at hte top of this forum. We wil need at least 160..but i am banking on more as Christian dedicated servers tend to be starting at 200/month for ones that are going to be at elast as powerful as the one we had. We MUST raise the money BEFORE a new server can be purchased.

hmm, would we beable to sacrifice game servers that were inactive i.e Natural selection and cs:source in order to cut back on the cost. And if interest sparks up in either of them we could upgrade the server?

B-man said:
hmm, would we beable to sacrifice game servers that were inactive i.e Natural selection and cs:source in order to cut back on the cost. And if interest sparks up in either of them we could upgrade the server?

Nope. Our one physical server allows us to run multiple game servers including the TeamSpeak server. Cutting one of the game servers out does not make a change in cost. We do not rent the game servers, we rent the physical box.

Plankeye said:
Nope. Our one physical server allows us to run multiple game servers including the TeamSpeak server. Cutting one of the game servers out does not make a change in cost. We do not rent the game servers, we rent the physical box.

I know that. What i meant by sacrificing certain game servers is that by doing so we wouldnt have to get a server that was as good as the the one we had. which would cost less? then when interest sparks up in other games we can upgrade the server to a better one.

Tribe of Judah staff members are currently discussing dedicated server hosting plans and fundraising options. We are nearing a decision on our next game server host. I will post again when we reach a decision with the amount we will need in donations to open an account and maintain a server for six or twelve months.

Last edited:
Back