2017 Eclipse Survey

After viewing the August 21, 2017 solar eclipse you...

• 2.Woke up the next day blind like in "The Day of the Triffids".

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7.Viewing thwarted by fluffy clouds. Yelled loudly at them, like Kirk at Khan, but to no avail.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
If you viewed the recent eclipse please note your results here for er... scientific purposes, yeah science, that's why I'm posting this >.> <.< .

Linky for the kiddies who never saw Kirk in Wrath of Khan.

Last edited:
No glasses to view. Noticed it getting a bit darker during the day. Continued to work while my wife showed the occasional online image of the eclipse to me.

Would be much more interesting if I could go check it out without special equipment. . .

Baby sat two hooligans while watching it, one of them pretty sick with strep throat. Still wonderful, I live in the woods, but had a hole in the canopy that was just right. This A.M. despite giving away a bunch of glasses to friends and family still had some left over so my lady went to a parking lot and sold the leftovers for $4.00 ea. Some people were mad she ran out. We paid for the over night shipping we did to our daughter and some friends of ours. Some of the birds and bugs started to go to bed at the peak of it. Yup lotsa fun.

edit: Yes the glasses were authentic NASA approved, we bought them straight from the manufacturer.

Was cloudy but it cleared up just enough after peak eclipse time to see it through a welding lens (no idea if it's "darkness 14" but it was very dark and I didn't stare at it prolonged or painfully). Very eclipsey. It lost something without portents of impending doom being yelled by a crazy bearded guy with Graves Disease (Marty Feldman eyes) on a street corner. I could probably find plenty of doom on the internet but it's just not the same. 6 out of 10 would stare at sun again.

Who got superpowers? I feel cheated now I have to wait another 38 years to try again! Maybe I have them and just haven't discovered them yet... excuse me while I perform a series of dangerous acts to get them to manifest.

Back