$60 Ventrilo server expense due Jan. 10

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
From notashamed, Tribe of Judah's Accounts Manager:
Time for a $60 payment toward ventrilo due by January 10th if you could let those responsible know that would be great!
Please send any donations via Paypal to donations@toj.cc with a comment indicating you'd like your donation to go toward paying the Ventrilo server rental fee.

Good news, everyone! We received a $60 donation toward the Vent server. Man, that was fast. Thank you very much to our donor and continue to enjoy the Vent server in good health!

See every once and a while I do come up with a good idear....

Was that two years ago or three we started letting peeps do this?

Wasn't the vent for Warhammer initially? That would have been 2008.

Edit: Because I was forced to take the BD4L/guild leader position, I'll take the credit for all that.

You're welcome. :D

Last edited:
Yes and Heck Yes, ToJ should drop TS3 and Vent and just get a 100slot mumble for all the chapters...just saying.

How awesome to see all our chapters in one voice program, think of the community!

Last edited:
I was just about to ask why we needed a TS, a Vent and a Mumble voice server. Especially since TF2 lets you use in game voice chat for free.

Yes and Heck Yes, ToJ should drop TS3 and Vent and just get a 100slot mumble for all the chapters...just saying.

How awesome to see all our chapters in one voice program, think of the community!

This would be awesome. I've personally used all of these voice systems, and Mumble is my favorite by far. It's what we are currently using in the SWTOR chapter.

(Hopefully Tek checks this thread again)

This would be awesome. I've personally used all of these voice systems, and Mumble is my favorite by far. It's what we are currently using in the SWTOR chapter.

(Hopefully Tek checks this thread again)
I hope to coordinate with Joshinator soon to set up a test CGA Mumble Server, but my time to work on such projects is limited and setting up another voice server isn't my highest priority when the CGA TS3 server and ToJ's Mumble and Ventrilo servers are working fine.

I agree having "one server to rule them all" would be great, but the chances of every ToJ guild agreeing on any one server is slim.

I hope to coordinate with Joshinator soon to set up a test CGA Mumble Server, but my time to work on such projects is limited and setting up another voice server isn't my highest priority when the CGA TS3 server and ToJ's Mumble and Ventrilo servers are working fine.

I agree having "one server to rule them all" would be great, but the chances of every ToJ guild agreeing on any one server is slim.

That's why we need the iron fist of Tek to enforce such things with authority!

Anyways, I believe Mumble has all the features of the other servers and then some. Plus this would cut the cost and give us just one bill to worry about instead of three.

That's why we need the iron fist of Tek to enforce such things with authority!

Anyways, I believe Mumble has all the features of the other servers and then some. Plus this would cut the cost and give us just one bill to worry about instead of three.
If the CGA were to set up a Mumble server, it would be open to all CGA affiliates (including ToJ) and there would be no bill BUT I would like (and even expect) guilds that use a CGA Mumble server to help pitch in when it comes time for the CGA to pay its annual hosting bill (currently $395 a year).

I've never had to bring it up because the CGA community is awesome and we usually receive sufficient donations to cover the annual cost in 1-2 weeks after I post the call for donations.

Last edited:
If the CGA were to set up a Mumble server, it would be open to all CGA affiliates (including ToJ) and there would be no bill BUT I would like (and even expect) guilds that use a CGA Mumble server to help pitch in when it comes time for the CGA to pay its annual hosting bill (currently $395 a year).

I've never had to bring it up because the CGA community is awesome and we usually receive sufficient donations to cover the annual cost in 1-2 weeks after I post the call for donations.

I suppose if it's not broken, don't fix it :D

I suppose if it's not broken, don't fix it :D
I definitely want to at least attempt to set up the one VOIP server to "rule them all" (no binding in darkness, please), but my current shift leaves me almost no time to work on admin duties while at home (and I will not log in to high-level access CGA accounts while at work) unless I were to give up playing in ToJ game nights (which ain't happenin'; I gotta draw the line somewhere).

Still, I hope to at least get things ready so that Joshinator can configure a test CGA Mumble server soon.

Still, I hope to at least get things ready so that Joshinator can configure a test CGA Mumble server soon.
Les dooo eeet.

Almost need a mention feature on this forum so I can keep track of where my name appears :)

Les dooo eeet.
I've sent an e-mail to our hosting provider requesting a new *nix account with sudo rights to use for a Mumble server. I tried creating the account myself using every account I know to use but had no success.

Almost need a mention feature on this forum so I can keep track of where my name appears :)
You could always run a forums search for your name. :)

Back