A BIG WARNING - for everyone

YIKES! that's scary, that movie looked good, almost like Narnia, but sheesh never mind.

The great Deceiver ALWAYS makes the lie seem like the truth. Or, as in the case of Jesus being tempted by Satan. The whole account is there, however I am only using a portion to make my point.

Luke 4:9-12 said:
9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: 10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: 11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

This is why we have to be careful about what we watch and how we set our attitudes about it.

Thanks for the warning PW!

ya know though, I bet if the Christian community does not make a big deal about this movie, just takes a stand and then moves on with life, this may not be a big deal.

Gen

That gets to be a tricky point.

If we quietly boycott this movie (and encourage others to do the same) we could still miss people, but draw little attention to it, so we don't entice others to watch it purposely.

If we loudly boycott the movie, we get the word out to hopefully let even more people know what they're dealing with. On the other hand, we become free publicity - and will likely get people to go watch/read it just to see what it's all about. On the upside - knowing what the enemy is using allows us to fight it more effectively.

Howard Stern had the same effect when he first made it big with NBC. People that loved his show listened to see what he'd do next. People that hated him listened to see what he'd do next. Lose/lose on that one.

Our attack on the devil's lies would draw attention...both good and bad. I'd venture to say that the Bible calls us to action - try to get the word out. I know I'll be talking to my friends and let them know.

However we must temper ourselves with what action we take. Remember when Harry Potter first came out? Christians took a huge, very vocal stand against the books and they turned into #1 best sellers. It seems that if we (meaning the Christian Community at large) take a stand on something that is very un-Biblical, The rest of the world will rush to go see it because we deem it "bad" Almost as though they are waiting for us to take a stand so they can thumb our noses in it.

I'll be telling everyone I know about that movie and will tell others about it. The fact that the author was very much against C.S.Lewis and Christianity in general disturbed me greatly. the fact Hollywood picked up the movie and put rather popular (not in my opinion, never been a fan of Nicole Kidman) actors and actresses in the movie, simply because it is something that will try and still draw thousands away from the truth.

I think that there's a certain dissimilarity between Harry Potter and this book. JK Rowling never tried to influence children to be witches, nor did she infer that she believed against God. She wrote fiction. I don't see Harry Potter as any more harmful than Marvel/DC Comics. So long as people understand the lines between truth and lies, reality and make-believe, it's not dangerous. And that's coming from an avid Harry Potter fan. I really liked the books (my wife thinks I'm a wacko)

A closer parallel would be Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. The book is classified as fiction, yet the author tries to portray it in a way that could be convincing... presented as if he is giving us evidence in a documentary.

Back