A Call for Donations

SirThom

Hello everyone!

A couple months ago, we noticed a shift in gaming trends. According to Xfire, Counter-Strike: Source is played about four times more often per day than Counter-Strike 1.6. Currently, we happen to have a server for both of these games.

PureFun, in partnership with Tribe of Judah, opened up a Counter-Strike: Source server. I've poured a lot of time into this server -- tweaking it for performance, keeping the swear filter and map lists current. I even created a script that allows us to change the game type and map rotation on the fly, without messing with configurations. And we're working to bring even more new features and ideas to the table, to help set us apart from the mainstream game servers.

In a nutshell, this is a very gamer-friendly server, especially for those looking to play in a Christian environment.

We've had the server in operation for a little over a month, and we're already getting noticed by search engines like Google. Example: who's the first result when you search for "christian css server"? ^^

So, here's where you come in. Until this point, me and my friend Michael have been funding the server, and we don't have much of a problem with that. However, if you feel that our server is a valuable resource to you (and you have faith in us that we can manage it), then we encourage you to make a financial contribution. Your donation can be as big or as little as you like, but 100% of it will go directly to our game server fund. The 16-slot server CS:S server costs $23.99 USD/month to operate.

If you'd like to donate, please visit pure-fun.com/donate. Select "CS:S Game Server" as the fund you're donating to, then enter your donation amount and press "Finish Transaction". You'll then be taken to PayPal, where you can pay with your PayPal account, or using a credit/debit card/bank account to donate without signing up. The process takes two minutes and is fee-free.

Also, our sole sponsor for the CS 1.6 server is no longer upholding the funds needed for that server. The ToJ CS 1.6 server will be taken offline if we do not raise funds for it as soon as possible. The server costs $19.99 USD/month to operate. If you'd like to donate to the CS 1.6 server, please click here.

Again, we hope you will find it in your heart to donate to one or both of our Christian gaming servers. It's through your contributions that we can further the Kingdom of Christ in this manner. It all goes to Him!

Thank you very much in advance and God bless!

Tom McGuire
President, PureFun
Server Operator, Tribe of Judah

Also, our sole sponsor for the CS 1.6 server is no longer upholding the funds needed for that server. The ToJ CS 1.6 server will be taken offline if we do not raise funds for it as soon as possible. The server costs $19.99 USD/month to operate. If you'd like to donate to the CS 1.6 server, please click here.
Our next payment for the CS 1.6 server is May 16, 2006. That's in nine days. If we receive $20 USD designated for keeping the CS 1.6 server alive before May 16, we'll keep it. If not, we'll cancel the account.

Sirthom said:
We've had the server in operation for a little over a month, and we're already getting noticed by search engines like Google. Example: who's the first result when you search for "christian css server"? ^^

LOL! Nice.

Tek7 said:
Our next payment for the CS 1.6 server is May 16, 2006. That's in nine days. If we receive $20 USD designated for keeping the CS 1.6 server alive before May 16, we'll keep it. If not, we'll cancel the account.

I'm asking everyone, who would like to keep and still play on CS 1.6?

if we are already need donations to make payments then I vote for dropping 1.6 and just trying to keep the purefun/toj server. not that I don't miss 1.6, but life does move on even if we don't want it to....

Side note: could someone please send me an email (nickjn AT hotmail DOT com) with a snailmail address for a personal check? I got burned for over $500 on paypal a long time ago and vowed never to use it again. Thanks !!!

if we are already need donations to make payments then I vote for dropping 1.6 and just trying to keep the purefun/toj server. not that I don't miss 1.6, but life does move on even if we don't want it to....

And of course, GFC owns a CS 1.6 server. CS:S at Purefun/ToJ, CS 1.6 at GFC.

Whon said:
I got burned for over $500 on paypal a long time ago and vowed never to use it again.

How did you get burned on paypal?

back around 2000 Paypal got hacked, so I'm told, and a lot of user info got out to third party companies... I got enrolled on one of these companies some how without my consent and they charged my a $50 a month membership... took me like a year and a threat of a lawyer to actually get them to remove my membership... really really made me mad

I am truly sorry but life throws hard apples at times. I see 1.6 fading as pong did. I rarely ever seen anyone on it and when I did and connected I was told to get off hehehehe like I would but it shows the trend is moving to the next stage. I have yet to purchase source but will soon. Is source being adequately used daily?( players)

Is source being adequately used daily?( players)

Yes.

Funnier game mods, better looking graphics.

Specs of CS:S is about 2x of CS 1.6.

CS 1.6
500 MHz processor, 96 MB RAM

CS:S
1.2 GHz processor, 256 MB RAM, DirectX 7 Graphics Card, Windows 98/2000/ME/XP/Vista, internet connection

I was just browsing Wikipedia about CS and found something funny.

Counter-Strike Neo

Looks to be favorable to anime fans, like Tek7. ;)

i can tell you from experience if you truly want source to run well you need a dx9 video card, at least a 2ghz cpu, and at least one gig of ram.

/bump

I started a ChipIn campaign for our little fund raiser. Please visit this page, and ChipIn! You can do so without signing up for a PayPal account.

Our invoice is due tomorrow (Wednesday, May 16). No donations have been received for the CS 1.6 server so far. If no donations are received in the next few days, we will be shutting down the CS 1.6 server.

Back