A Few Prayer Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSquared

I've got a few requests piling up.

1) Next week, I think it may be the 19th (Friday), there will be a shareholder vote for my company to be acquired by another company. Acquisitions can many times also mean layoffs. So my big request is that I can keep my job. Also pray for me, my wife, and my co-workers and as we begin to get a little antsy. Also pray for God to prepare both my heart and my wife's for whatever happens. Even if nothing should happen, being bought out produces many changes. On the positive side, the company buying us has a reputation for allowing companies to remain as they are. They basically purchase companies they believe will make money. So, that's positive, but there is still the unknown of what will truly happen.

2) Work this week has been rather exhausting. One group at work is requesting work from me, but they are not giving me all the information I need. Plus, they keep asking us to do more which keeps messing up our time schedule we had originally given them. It's been getting heated during some meetings. I was so burnt out last night...I...I...I couldn't even...I can hardly say it...I couldn't even get on the computer.
smile.gif

But God gives me glimpses of perspective in all this. I come home to my children and they have no cares. I am all bummed and they are singing and dancing all around the house. They help me to see, in the big scheme of things, it's nothing to worry about.

Thanks for you prayers and thanks for listening.

1) Well, the vote passed (98.5% or something like that) and so starting tomorrow, I work for a different company.

The next step is probably a bunch of meetings to explain how the company will work. What to expect. Etc. Our first meeting is on Monday. They will let us know what will take place over the next 90 days.

I'm feeling pretty good about it all, but there is still that unknown. As someone at work put it: "cautious optimism".

2) The situation at work has gotten better. There are still some stress points, but it's not at the level it had been.

Praise God .. I am especially glad that the work situation has improved ... I myself have had a severe time of stress and its been quite difficult to get family time so I appreciate what it did to you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back