A-Kon 14

G

What is A-Kon? Well, the anime fans among us likely already know the answer, but I'll expound for the uninformed.

A-Kon is one of the largest anime conventions in the US, held annually in Dallas, Texas. If you have any other questions, you'll likely find the answer on the A-Kon 14 FAQ page.

With that brief explanation out of the way, I was wondering who would be planning on attending this year's event. So, with that, post away! ^_^

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ April 17 2003,1:14)]What is A-Kon? Well, the anime fans among us likely already know the answer
ANIME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! AIYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *Head explodes*

anime conventions scare me... especially overenthusiastic adolescents who talk too loudly, too quickly, sing and speak in japanese, cosplay in revealing clothing while also being kind of heavyset, and call themselves "otaku"...
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amorphus88 @ April 18 2003,1:54)]especially overenthusiastic adolescents who talk too loudly, too quickly, sing and speak in japanese, cosplay in revealing clothing while also being kind of heavyset, and call themselves "otaku"...
wow.gif
*nod* The anime fanatics scare me, too. I'll go so far as learning bits and pieces of Japanese, but I won't go so far as cosplay. I'm just an average fan who recognizes that most anime series are poo and the great series are few and far between. Nevertheless, I think attending A-Kon would be a wonderful experience.

Unfortunately, it looks as though money and prior obligations (a friend is getting married on June 1, the last day of the con) will keep me from attending this year's con. I'd love to attend Otakon this fall but I doubt I'll be able to afford plane tickets to Maryland at that time. -_-

So, unless there's a sudden ray of sunlight that breaks through this cloud, I won't be attending this year's A-Kon.

Poo. =[

Back