AMERICA'S ARMY

:Assertion failed: InPos<=Size [File:..\Inc\FFileManagerWindows.h] [Line: 62]

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadImportMap <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- ULinkerLoad::VerifyImport <- ValidateImports <- ULinkerLoad::Verify <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel Entry) <- VerifyPackages <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Ill put this too you in english, as rite now it is in C++.  What it is showing is teh attempt at the execution of a function to handle fileloading, most of what you see is just the list of class heiarchy, dont ask if you do not already know, too long to explain, to get to the needed function.  From the looks of it, you may be missing a file or a file is corrupted, or the game files themselves are corrupted, meaing the code you see there may have not been meant to be that way, as in something got changed, and unfortunate thing us developers hate we call code-rot, and that the initialization of the game engine was not able to proceed, probably from a lack of data or other things.  try getting the download from another place, that should fix the problem, as rite now there is nothing you can do that I would recommend even to people that have experience programming games.

Wow, I'm glad you answered that, Dr Tek. How did you learn that anyway?

So I have a question about this game. How do I get my rank up to Advanced Marksman?

teh good ole assertion failure i get it all the time in steam
biggrin.gif

I hate steam, hogs more memory then XP and office combined, lol. YOu would think that a game the army releases as a recruiting tool that they would at least take the time to debug so it works well, lol.

To get advanced marksman, you need hit 36+ targets in basic training in order to quailfy for sniper training, which you must complete the first set of traing to qualify as an adavanced marksman, at least in AA: operations, i dont know if they changed for special forces 2.0 yet or not.

America's Army is an awesome game. Unfortanutely the graphics card on this computer is not all that great. I was going to move the files by firewire to my laptop, but I seemingly deleted the install program. Ah well, I guess it's back to downloading...man, that is one large file.

Yeah, this is a great game. It runs pretty slow and choppy on my PC though. Does that mean it needs more RAM? (Pardon my lack of PC knowledge)

RAM is random access memory, your computers resources where runtime game data is stored, and usually dumped out of memory if the origram is properly shut down, and it is wiped clean everytime you do a restart. a game like AA:O or SF needs at least 512 mb of ram if you want it to run smoothly on high gfx settings, if you have anything lower, dont bother turning the gfx up, even if you have a good processor and gfx card because you will be fortunate if you can get more then 12-15 FPS, lol

and dont wrry bout downloading it. go to ur local army recruiting office and they should have a free cd for ya. thats where i got mine

If you are 17 or older, otherwise they may not give it to you. If you feel inclined tho, Best Buy has been selling it recently, at least up here in Michigan, for $5 bucks, but if you have cable, go to fileplanet in the morning, eastern time between 8 and 11 am, get on a high speed server with no wait for free, only early in the morning tho is it empty, and if you run 1.5 mbps cable, you can get it in about an hour, 2 hours on dsl, and if you're like me with 3 mbps, then bout 30-40 mins. If you are on dial up, dont even bother with the game, because playing on a 28.8 or 56 k is next near to impossible, lol

Back