Announcments - 9/25/09

UXZero

Tribe of Judah Aion Chapter Leader
Hey everyone!

Were doing pretty well for forming in just a few days. Thank you all for your participation!!

Some things that I would like to make note of.

1. Guild web page and emblem
Janc has offered to design a web page for us (Thank you Janc!!). Were going to keep it quick and clean. One page containing a link here, and some about us info.
We would like your input on emblem designs. Don't forget, that the emblem will also be on our in-game cloaks and shields. So we want to get something good. Submissions end Wednesday night.

2.) Parties
I would like to encourage everyone to party with each other as much as possible. If you see someone on that's within a level or so of you. Ask if you can help them. The Abyss is going to take Team Work. Having a stronger group will work a lot better then trying to solo. Also it's more fun. :cool:

3.) Professions

I really need everyone to submit what professions they are doing with their chars. You can make some really nice stuff with them. An selling stuff to a guild member would be preferred.

4.) Guild upgrade
It takes 100,000 to upgrade the guild to 60 people. We are half way there (thank you fade). Once we get that, I will allow a 3rd alternate to be registered in the guild.

5.) Alternates
I know some of you really like a variety. But I would ask that you focus on 1 char as your main; as much as possible. This will make for a more healthy guild.

Lord Bless,
Nathan

Last edited:
I asked UXZero about it in another thread, but since this one mentioned emblem designs I might as well ask for input here. I had a thought about an emblem for the legion and started playing with the concept. I'll add more visual effects and clean the design up before it's finished, but this is the basic idea so far. Let me know your opinion. If anyone likes it I'll continue to refine it.

concept1.jpg

base concept, just a sketch at this stage

concept2.jpg

colors filled in, some shading

concept3.jpg

moved banner to bottom, larger banner and font, different shield color

Last edited:
The attachment in the forum wasn't working...I uploaded the files somewhere else, along with a more detailed version.

For emblems, I lean towards more traditional heraldry, so it won't end up terribly flashy (just a personal preference). I wanted to incorporate the wings, hand of God, etc. The only reason we are "The Elect" is because of the hand of God...being raised up in His hands. :)

Colors are completely flexible, I can shift things around...this is just an initial idea.

Last edited:
not sure how ledgable the words would be in-game. kinda covers the thumb too. i think i'd like the first one with the blue crest. looks cool tho. are we able to test a graphic in game before we apply it?

I'm hoping...wouldn't want to apply an emblem without seeing what it looks like first.

I'd like to get the legion name if there somehow, so I'll gather feedback from everyone and see if I can come up with a few different versions. Things can be shifted around, resized, colors changed, etc.

Edit: I added a third option with a different shield color and the banner at the bottom, larger, with bolder text.

Last edited:
They look really nice! I like all three. They are coming along very nicely.

One thing you might try that may affect the decision is try out all these images in a really small size and see how they hold up. I think the ones with our guild name on them will be unreadable at small sizes though.

I think I like #2 & #3 the most moreso with the ribbon at the base of the crest than across the middle of it (without the name though...I don't think it would be legible in a small size?):

concept1b.jpg
concept2b.jpg
concept3b.jpg

I think I edited them a bit too small, as the Elyos capes show the graphic in a much larger size than the Asmodians which my edited versions would be more suitable for. Out guild name might be visible if it were a more simple bolder font. I mean I do like the font used, but at small sizes it is very tiny/thin. I think which version we choose depends on the color cape we use ingame. If it were a white/black/navy blue cape, I would be a little more inclined toward #2. If it were like a dark red/dark green cape, I would veer more toward the grey crest.

EDIT: ok I resized for a more realistic visibility in game...
concept1c.jpg
concept2c.jpg
concept3c.jpg

Last edited:
Tried a different font and banner size, also tried shrinking it down:

concept4.jpg

concept4_small.jpg

This font looks more like proper calligraphy anyway. :)

Last edited:
just find out whatever dimension the graphic needs to be and html it down to size (that's what i'd do anyway, then just photoshop it into an actual size graphic. prolly a lot of easier ways to do it haha). anyways, then u'd be able to see if the name would hold up or not. unless they've been resized to the proper dimensions above.. /shrug. i dunno how much being in-game will affect the graphic either.. they kinda look grainy to me.

The emblem size allowed by Aion (according to the wiki) is 256x256, and I've shrunk it down to smaller than that here (200x200 and 100x100). The original version can be scaled to any size, so quality shouldn't be a problem. The original was created in Illustrator, then converted to the samples here using Photoshop.

We can't use a custom emblem in game until legion level 3 anyway, so we have time...just playing around with it to get a head start. :)

Last edited:
That's looking really nice Janc. :cool:

We can't use a custom emblem in game until legion level 3 anyway, so we have time...just playing around with it to get a head start.
That and I would like to use it in the web page.

Guild cape color - Is that something we can change now? I haven't noticed an option for it. Any see something in the powerwiki?

That might be something we can change at level 2 when we can choose one of the built-in emblems...I'll try to verify.

yea, i remember reading that options open up in level2
i'm getting close to abyss rank 8. i know it's nub, but i can't wait! haha

Janc, thanks a bunch for putting in your time to create an emblem for us.

As a thought: Since 'The Elect' shows up underneath our character names,
maybe having different words in the banner would be good and less redundant.
Or maybe not have a banner at all.

Keep the input coming, I want as much input as possible from members...I'm collecting it all and will use it for work on this and the legion site. The full emblem with the name and banner could be used on the site, with a simpler version in game if needed.

Profession

I've yet to start crafting, but when I get back home I plan on trying Handricrafting as my main profession and also raising armorsmith as my secondary, however far I can raise that.

I'm working on Alchemy with Genastarr.
I haven't done much with it.
I may start doing Armorsmithing too.

My gathering is about 165ish right now

I am going to unsticky this thread. Stay tuned for more announcements and state of the Legion addresses.

Back