any word from elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt know he was in surgery o_O. I saw him logged in forums earlier but no posts...

Gosh you guys had me fallin on my chair. But still, we had noidea Elite's dad was in Surgery.. no wonder he wasn't idling in ToJ or anything..

for those who haven't heard things went very well... I'll let elite give details if he chooses.

Oh crud, sorry guys - didn't realize the thread was moved to here but I found it and now I can update you guys.

First off, my dad was diagnosed with a cell cancer that is very aggressive. They found the source in his nasal pharynx, or where the nasal passage meets your throat. A cell dropped from there into his lymph nodes in his neck, and they got infected with the cancer. The doctor removed close to 30 nodes - 10 of which were tumors.

About halfway thru the surgery, the doctor came and said that he was doing well, but there was a lot more than he expected and one of them wrapped itself around a nerve that connects to his voicebox. The doctor said he will have to cut it in order to save his life from this aggressive cancer. His voice won't be totally lost, but changed for certain. I prayed to God 'I want my dad back all in one peice'...

After the surgery, the doctor said he remvooed what he could see, and the rest will be up to chemo and radiation. And he also said that at the last minute - as he was going to cut through the nerve, the tumor released itself and he didn't have to cut it! Praise God!

Well, my dad is home now, and spent only 4 days in recovery - God has his hand upon him and he is doing very well for the time being. Please continue to pray for him in the coming weeks. He will be going thru chemo-therapy once a week, and radiation therapy 5 times a week. I don't like that at all, but doctor's orders. I'm praying that he will not have to go thru with it, but God will remove that cancerous source!

Thanks guys, I will keep you updated. God bless you all...

*heaves a Sigh*

It's great news that your father came through elite.. *shudders* ugh! u had me scared to the core there in the mid of the story where his vocal cords were infected too well glad he's bak and safe with God
biggrin.gif
we'll be keeping him until he is 100% cured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back