Anyone planning on purchasing WiiWare or Virtual Console titles soon?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Okay, here's the deal.

I have some Nintendo points left over and I don't know of any games coming out soon that would motivate me to part with them.

On the other hand, there are multiple games on PSN that I'd like to purchase to play with my wife.

So I'm looking to find someone who IS planning to purchase a WiiWare or Virtual Console game soon, have that member send me the money via Paypal (exact amount, I'll eat the Paypal fees), and I'll send them the game they were planning to purchase as a gift.

Anyone interested in such a trade would need to add me to their Wii friends list (and I would need to add him/her to my list) and trust me to not run off and buy lunch at McDonald's with the money.

I know it's a longshot, but these Nintendo Points are likely to stay sitting there for a long time while my PSN wallet stays empty and Turtles in Time Re-shelled stays unpurchased.

Won't someone please think of the turtles?

I'll think of the turtles. I'll think of them fondly. :p

Gonna have to see if there's anything in the shop that I can't live without. Majora's Mask is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. Seems there are some Final Fantasy WiiWare games, too.

How many points ya wantin' to offload?

How many points ya wantin' to offload?
I have 2300 points now and I'm strongly considering purchasing Cave Story. I don't think I'll have any use for the other 1100 points in the near future.

/bump

A few PSN titles are calling my name and I'm still interested in this virtual currency exchange.

Gonna have to get back to you after Christmas when I can take stock of my funds. Haven't finished shopping yet, and my available funds are dwindling.

Gonna have to get back to you after Christmas when I can take stock of my funds. Haven't finished shopping yet, and my available funds are dwindling.
Understood. I'm in the same fix.

/bump

Still looking to trade Nintendo points for cash via Paypal.

I would, but the fact your purchases are backed up by nothing, and if your Wii goes out you lose it all because nothing is connected to your account, kinda keeps me from doing it...

I would, but the fact your purchases are backed up by nothing, and if your Wii goes out you lose it all because nothing is connected to your account, kinda keeps me from doing it...
There are reports where Nintendo will transfer your Wii Shop purchases from one Wii to another, but my Wii is still in good shape after 4 years. (Having bootmii and Priiloader installed as precautionary measures provides peace of mind as well.)

There are a few terrific WiiWare titles and some great Virtual Console releases (River City Ransom, Streets of Rage 2, and Mario Kart 64 come to mind) that are worth a purchase.

I also wish Nintendo's policy regarding downloadable content was less...risky. It's one reason I haven't purchased more Virtual Console titles before now. (Well, that and I think the prices are a bit high.)

If anyone decides that there is something on the Wii Shop that you'd like to pick up, talk with me first and we can work out an arrangement. :)

I've thought about picking up some of the classic NES games like SMB 1 & 3 on Virtual Console for my own fun and for my wife to get to experience them for the first time. But it's kind of hard to justify when we have quite a backlog of two player coop stuff at this point.

If you still have like... ten bucks worth of points to offload, I think it's 'bout time I finally play through Majora's Mask. Pretty sure it's the only (Nintendo-made) console Zelda not in my collection in some form or another. So yeah... I'd exchange my funds for your points if you're able and interested.

If you still have like... ten bucks worth of points to offload, I think it's 'bout time I finally play through Majora's Mask. Pretty sure it's the only (Nintendo-made) console Zelda not in my collection in some form or another. So yeah... I'd exchange my funds for your points if you're able and interested.
Exchange complete.

Thank you for your business, good sir.

I still have 1300 Nintendo Points left, so if anyone else is planning to buy a WiiWare or Virtual Console game in the near future, please post here or send me a PM and we can arrange an exchange!

I still have 1300 Nintendo Points left, so if anyone else is planning to buy a WiiWare or Virtual Console game in the near future, please post here or send me a PM and we can arrange an exchange!
I still have 1300 Nintendo Points left and after picking up Cave Story+ as part of Humble Indie Bundle #4, I don't have any future Wii Shop purchases in mind.

So if you're looking to pick up a WiiWare or Virtual Console game and are willing to send me the cost of the game via Paypal, I'll happily purchase it from the Wii Shop and send it your way.

Yes, it's a tad more convoluted than just buying it directly, but (1) it saves you having to give your credit card information to a console hardware manufacturer and (2) you'd be helping me out. :)

Back