April 24, 2012 Custom Map Download for Game Night

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Custom maps we will be running Tuesday are available below. Also remember I have the vanilla no unlocks config set up should you guys request it.

koth_garbage_day_final Appropriate size for low player counts.
tc_strata_a17 Still in the works but I like the theme.
pl_vesper_b2 By Vilepickle who created several of the other maps we've played.
koth_oilfield We've played this one before but I forget the outcome. We have tons of maps that don't get played simply because they aren't remembered so I'm going to be selecting some to try again.

Garbage day is good for small player counts but because the point caps so incredibly quickly, it's good for large groups too. You should almost never have a team entirely shut out unless one team is really good and using teamwork or the other team just quits trying.

However, it suffers from the same problem Nucleus suffers from. Snipers like to stand just outside the spawn and snipe causing the other team to have a tendency to spawn camp.

Any chance of getting one of the mirrored maps installed for this Tuesday?

We played those a while back and they are on the server ready to go. Here are the download links.

pl_retawdab
cp_tiplevarg
cp_lwobtsud

We will see how we are for time to run them. Generally speaking 3 or 4 maps are enough for the whole night if we sprinkle with regular map requests. Although since 2 are Koth those could be played later with lower player counts. We'll see how it goes!

Well, since Badwater, Dustbowl and Gravelpit seem to be some of the "regular" map requests, we should play the mirrored version when those requests come up.

It's the map but it's totally different!

Back