Best cheap Android tablet for young child?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I'm planning on buying a cheap Android tablet for my 4-year old daughter to replace her iPhone 3GS. (On a related note, Monster Strike is dropping support for iOS 5.x in mid-October.)

What would you all suggest?

I'd like to go with something with stock Android if at all possible, but something that's easy to root otherwise.

Amazon has a new Fire for $50.00. I believe they also have a kid proof model.

The new Amazon Fire was a top contender, but I don't know how difficult it would be to root it and, well, I'm not wild about the Fire OS or the limited marketplace. (Most importantly, Monster Strike isn't available from the Amazon App Store and it's one of my daughter's favorite games.) I know I can sideload apps, but that makes updating apps a nuisance. I'm hoping to find a tablet I can have full control over and none of Amazon's offerings are hack-friendly.

That being said, I recognize they're excellent devices. Just not for my purposes. :(

So I ended up buying a Dragon Touch M7 based on reviews and price: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Touch-Bluetooth-Pre-installed-TabletExpress/dp/B00WE38TS6/ (@Atown, would you mind whipping up a link to the M7 with the CGA referral code embedded?)

The tablet and purple case should arrive on Wednesday. I'll try to remember to come back to this thread and share a review in case anyone else is looking for a budget tablet.

you said you already bought it? Do i still need to make link or?
I bought it last night so I could get the order in sooner, but was requesting a CGA referral link in case I try the tablet, recommend it to others, and someone decides to buy one of their own (or in case I buy one for myself :)).

On a related note, would you mind also creating a referral link for this case?

http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-DigiLand-Polaroid-PTAB735-ValuePad/dp/B00IOAP594/

I was an expert on Amazon referral stuff at one point, but I've gotten rusty since legislative changes where I live prompted Amazon to ax the referral program for my state.

Angst! U beat me to it!

One thing we might think of doing is like.... if there is a way on our website to have a link generator system......

eg, you find the product you want, you copy and paste the link to a plugin/widget on our website, and then it spits out a referral link for you to make the purchase

Angst! U beat me to it!

One thing we might think of doing is like.... if there is a way on our website to have a link generator system......

eg, you find the product you want, you copy and paste the link to a plugin/widget on our website, and then it spits out a referral link for you to make the purchase
Give me a place to create code and tell me which language to use, and I'd take a crack at this.

Give me a place to create code and tell me which language to use, and I'd take a crack at this.

I think php is what xenforo runs on.

@Tek7 I think this would require the resource manager probably right?

Back