Best racing game for the PS3?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
What do you all think is the best racing game for the PS3? I'd like to pick one up, but only one and, of course, I want to buy the one that will probably be the most fun. If possible, I'd also like to be able to play with other ToJ members online.

Feel free to mention any promising racing games that have yet to be released. I'm a patient man and I can wait for a release and a sale. :)

Not a big racing fan myself, but the racing games I have most enjoyed in the past are the Mario Kart games. Little Big Planet Karting is coming out sometime soon (I believe the beta is available). I didn't have plans to pick it up but if someone else did I might consider it. Honestly the only racing game I have any interest in at all, however.

Never mind I take that back. WipEout HD is pretty fun. Got that free from the outage. Got my F-Zero fix.

Oh, right, I totally forgot about Wipeout HD.

/blush

I picked it up for free, too. Maybe we should try to get in a race some time. I don't think I've played it online even once yet.

Keero told me Burnout Paradise is excellent, but a new copy is almost $40 on Amazon for a game that released in 2008. That's not happenin'.

LBP Karting looks excellent and there's a very good chance I'll pick it up after the price drops, but I was thinking less Mario Kart and more Gran Turismo (but more arcade-y) when I posted this thread.

Still, LPBK is shaping up nicely!

Oh, right, I totally forgot about Wipeout HD.

/blush

I picked it up for free, too. Maybe we should try to get in a race some time. I don't think I've played it online even once yet.

Keero told me Burnout Paradise is excellent, but a new copy is almost $40 on Amazon for a game that released in 2008. That's not happenin'.

LBP Karting looks excellent and there's a very good chance I'll pick it up after the price drops, but I was thinking less Mario Kart and more Gran Turismo (but more arcade-y) when I posted this thread.

Still, LPBK is shaping up nicely!

Yeah, totally let me know if you're up for WipEout HD sometime. Maybe get a couple people in the mix. : )

Back