Bought a used PSP for $50

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Seemed like a fun gadget to play around with, I had some leftover gift money, and the price was right.

I already got some recommendations for games from Japes, but does anyone have any PSP games you'd recommend?

Mother 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fan translation

http://mother3.fobby.net/
Already played it on my GBA SP. :D

EDIT: Well, the first chapter or two of the game, anyway. Though it may sound like gaming heresy, I didn't enjoy the game enough to keep playing.

Last edited:
In the interest of fairness, I never played Earthbound, so I probably don't have the same emotional attachment to the series as many others do.

And no, I don't intend on playing Earthbound any time soon. The last time I was convinced to play through a classic game to confirm my gamer cred, I ended up nearly throwing my Wavebird controller through the screen during Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. I'm not suggesting Earthbound (or anything) could be as awful as the Water Temple, but the experience taught me to care less about "gamer cred" and more about what I find fun.

Nevertheless, I'm sure Mother 3 is a very enjoyable experience for a lot of people. Just...not me.

Last edited:
I got to like the last level in earth bound and I can attest to the durability of the SNES controllers, they held up much better then the PS1. But Earthbound was a fun play its was a lot different RPG then most RPG's of its time. I can distinctly remember the first time I ever spiked a controller was playing LOLO and I love that game. Actually I still love that game and many other NES titles.

For the PSP I got Final Fantasy Tactics cause I thought maybe I could get all the way through it.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. To be honest, I enjoyed my play of Crisis Core a lot more than I've enjoyed what I've made it through of the original game. Fun mechanics. Good characters. Etc. Dissidia is just a ton of fun. :D

I wanna get my hands on Mega Man: Powered Up. Almost enough to buy another PSP. lol

In the interest of fairness, I never played Earthbound, so I probably don't have the same emotional attachment to the series as many others do.

And no, I don't intend on playing Earthbound any time soon. The last time I was convinced to play through a classic game to confirm my gamer cred, I ended up nearly throwing my Wavebird controller through the screen during Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. I'm not suggesting Earthbound (or anything) could be as awful as the Water Temple, but the experience taught me to care less about "gamer cred" and more about what I find fun.

Nevertheless, I'm sure Mother 3 is a very enjoyable experience for a lot of people. Just...not me.

Don't feel alone I was indifferent to Earthbound too.

I do still consider Ocarina a classic but one for it's time. I find early 3-D didn't age well with it's spartan environments. I guess I don't dislike Ocarina because I didn't have that much trouble in the water temple. It was bad design to make switching the boots unnecessarily cumbersome, and I remember the backtracking, but I rarely died at all in the game so it went by pretty fast (I think I beat Gannon first try). My Mom likes water too so I had that improving the experience :) .Ocarina is not like A link to the past though. It, and most of the 16bit era classics, are as playable as ever IMO.

Last edited:
Back