Brawl anyone?

rev. Jim

Okay so a few of us here have picked up SSB Brawl again after a couple of years off, and we think that we have actually formed a semi-decent team.

It seems though that the only way for multiple people on a single console to play a 2-vs-2 online is via the "With Friends" option and it cannot be done "With Anyone". (If it can be done we haven't figured out how).

Be that as it may, after a few years of leave our friends list has gotten stale with people who no longer play. So we are looking for some other players and teams with which to duke it out.

Teams preferred, but single players are also welcome! We can always mix it up.

Here is our friend code for brawl, please also post yours below: 3480-6677-6061

Last edited:
I guess no-one plays this anymore...That's a shame. It's the only other multilayer Wii game I have time for besides Mario Kart.

I'm sorry man, I play with my younger brother when I go to visit my parents, but I don't own a Wii anymore.

Rev Jim FYI

I featured this on our TOJ Facebook page. Someone has responded with a question, so if you are on facebook, maybe you would like to respond.

http://www.facebook.com/tojcc?ref=hl

Jeff Mulligan I had that, foolishly traded it in, and have been thinking about getting it again. When I had it before, the online was horribly laggy. Has it improved?

Rev Jim FYI

I featured this on our TOJ Facebook page. Someone has responded with a question, so if you are on facebook, maybe you would like to respond.

http://www.facebook.com/tojcc?ref=hl

I don't think lag is something that can be fixed. But generally unless we get a player that lives on the other side of the world it usually isn't that bad.

Facebook isn't really my cup of tea, but feel free to pass along what I said and invite them to play. :)

D'oh, I meant to reply to this a while back but only thought of it when I wasn't at a computer.

I own SSBB, but I've hardly spent any time in online multiplayer and the little time I did spend was a total lagfest.

I'm willing to give it another shot, but my online multiplayer console gaming is pretty sporadic. Steam is probably still the best way to get a hold of me if you want to play a match, but even then, I don't think I'd put up much of a challenge. :)

Tek,

The only time I can get on Steam is when we have one of our little LAN parties, because all of my machines here run Linux, and there is no native Linux Steam client. *

*(Yes I know about WINE, and I refuse to install it ;))

Last edited:
I also use instant messaging (Yahoo, AIM, Windows Live, and ICQ, all through Trillian), but I may be the last person in North America to do so.

I use Skype for meetings and such, but I can certainly add you so we can arrange something. (hint hint) :D
Stopped using ICQ, AIM, Yahoo etc, when I realized that no serious work could ever be done with them. Every other message was either:

A. SPAM!
B. A teenager wanting to chat me up
C. More SPAM!
D. Some type of bot.

Last edited:
Hm. How about Facebook chat then? We'll find a common chat network yet!

Hm. How about Facebook chat then? We'll find a common chat network yet!
Last time I checked, Trillian supports Skype, unless they changed it recently.

@Gator: Amazon is having a sale right now $29 new, $15 used. Now would be the time to pick it up. :)

Last edited:
Well, I intended to check into it, anyway. D'oh!

Not a big deal really.. if you ever get around to it though, let me know what your Skype name is and we'll set something up.
As an aside, I also picked up a replacement copy of Mario Kart Wii.
However it doesn't look like anyone here plays that either. So hopefully I still can be a part of the forums, even if I don't play any of the games that people here do. :)

Here's my Mario Kart Wii friend code: 0474-0611-8459.
Looks like that list isn't actively updated, but I will add your info from that when I get home tonight.

I'll add you in Brawl too, since I see you are on that list for Brawl as well.

Don't forget that you have to add my code too for us to see each-other online.

Last edited:
I'm DeadManReedeemed (I'm new here). I have Super Smash Bros. BRAWL. But I can't give my Friend code right now because I don't have access to it. I will post it later! :D

Back