Bright Wizard

Razilena

I love playing my lvl 10 Bright Wizard but I haven't been as pleased with my placement on the damage in scenarios. Bright Wizards as a class seem to do well so I must be doing something wrong.

Typically I stay back from the front line since I am so squishy. I usually tab target unless I see a healer then I target them specifically. My rotation is ignite, sear, boiling blood and repeat with a fire blast if I will not be interrupted until I get to 100 combustion then I meltdown (if that target is dead I meltdown a fresh target) Sometimes I will throw a fireball to start things off especially if I think the target might run out of range since once I cast it the fireball still hits even if they run.

My int is 149. Not sure if that is good or not.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'm up at 23 on my bright Wizard and I'm almost always top damage by a large margin. I don't usually fight one target unless they hold some objective I need I find we do the most damage if we spread our dots around to every target we can.

I usually start throwing out ignite on every target in range and a Boiling blood and sear to raise combustion and then leave it at 100% unless I get low on health and even then sometimes it’s better to die and take out a five guys then lose the damage. Once you get Detonate your play style changes a lot too. You target the enemy in the middle of a large group and it can do more damage than all your dots combined on the entire group. Any time detonate is down and people are grouped together use fiery blast with 100% combustion you can see insane numbers.

If you have a good healer you can put up an ignite on everyone detonate the group run forward firecage and flame breath and kill as big of a melee group as you want. I fraps'd a few scenarios where I did 80K or more damage in the T2 scenarios and might upload a video of some examples.

I put together some of my Tier 2 fights onto youtube here. The Quality isn't great but you can click high def and you can almost make stuff out.

The spell timers are Whiny Spell timers and zbuffbar, I've got the WSCT scrolling combat text. I think everything else is standard.

The damage numbers those, those are default? They must've changed it since beta. :p

Bright Wizard though is looking cool later on. Especially all the damage I've been reading about in forums.

I'm totally loving the Bright Wizard. Rain of Fire is nuts! It's like an 80 foot range, and it crits everyone in a 30 foot circle for up to 1000 damage. In the T3 scenarios, if we had a decent healers I can do over 100k damage. If we don't have good healers, I may only do 30k or so... Mainly because I'm used to playing a shaman on wow, and I'm pretty tough. The Bright Wizard is super squishy. I'm trying to discipline myself to hang back a tad more and not take risks.

My play style is a lot like Melko... Dot people up while I'm running, when they stop, i AE them. For whatever reason when i get close to a destro holding an objective, i charge in suicide bomber style, and drop the big nukes. I am able to kill just about anyone very quickly, but there is very little chance of me making it out alive. ;D

One thing that is very nice about rain of fire is that it doesn't require line of site. So you can hide behind something and still rain people on the other side.

Back