C&C 3 requirements

Tianar

I'm considering purchasing C&C 3, but I read that the demo version doesn't like 64 bit processors and operating systems. I also found this out when trying to install the demo on my AMD Turion 64 laptop.
Anyone know if the full version works ok with 64 bit systems?

Laptop's stats:
AMD Turion 64 MK-36 2.0Ghz
1Gb DDR Ram (not sure if its DDR2 or not)
GeForce Go 6100 Video card (256mb memory?) (shared?)
on board sound
Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2

you are running xp 32 bit..so the 64 doesn't affect you. The 64 bit side of your machine isn't being used so it can't interfere..:)

If your running 32bit windows it doesn't use the 64bit instructions...ever. That lappy should play it but the video card is pretty cheap so you will need to turn down some settings to get it playable.

but I read that the demo version doesn't like 64 bit processors and operating systems.

Where did you see that?

I run on both and I don't have any problems with the full version game.

vibrokatana's right about the video card.

Video: GeForce4, ATI Radeon 8500 or greater (ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA Geforce 4 MX cards not supported.). Windows Vista - NVIDIA GeForce 6100 or ATI Radeon 9500 or greater. Labtop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

http://www.commandandconquer.com/game_details/faqs/default.aspx#faq3

I downloaded and tried to install the demo version, and couldn't even run the install program, it would just dump the whole OS and reboot.

Back