Can Salvation give a 2nd chance for sinners?

To me, what I glean from scripture is that God does not want us remembering sin (we might do)..Simply confess and move on.

He doesn't remember our sins, why should we?
Eternity is always NOW :)

In Ezekiel I quote scripter I thought might imply such. But looking back I see that I did sin in declairing LAW..Nevertheless, God knows my heart :)
In Ezekiel, I was referencing those particular scriptures which God declares His thoughts when it comes to 'bringing to rememberance' sins past (which might even be 2 seconds ago)..This is not the sacrifice that God desires..The sacrifice is Jesus, and the price was already paid..

Simply agree with God it was sin, as He reveals it as such, and move on..
No asking again for forgiveness, which is already bestowed, no asking for a clean heart again, which is already bestowed..But believing that it is a finsihed work in Christ Jesus..

Last edited:
I caution you to be careful with "just forgetting about it" and not confessing your sins to God, asking forgiveness...

From Jude, verse 4

...who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality...

From my Study Bible, NIV text,
What was happening at this time?

Chrstian imposters had begun assuming roles of leadership. They were teaching that it really didn't matter how people lived if they genuinely had been saved by grace. Sin meant nothing, they reasoned incorrectly, to those who had been forgiven of sin.

Don't fall into the trap that just because we're saved and our former lives are forgiven and forgotten by Jesus that all new sins don't pain Him. True, He will forgive each and every single sin, each and every single time we repent to Him (because He tells us that... we know it's solid ground!)

But I caution you to not take an attitude of "oh well, Jesus will forgive me, I'm giong to go do something bad"... and if you sin, don't blow it off. Ask God to forgive you and help purify and strengthen you so you can follow Christ's pure example, despite living in a sinful flesh.

The Bible in James 4:2
You have not, because you do not ask God.
Does this apply here? Only God knows for certain, but I would think so. Whether it be safety, strength, guidance, or forgiveness.... ask, and ye shall receive!

But believing that it is a finsihed work in Christ Jesus..

No! We are not finished works. If we were finished, we would no longer sin. We aren't slaves to sin - meaning we can break free from our addictions and wrongdoings (with Jesus), not that we are free and are physically and mentally unable to sin. Someone that gives their life to Jesus today, while made pure, still has a lot of spiritual maturing to do.

We are only pure and finished when He comes again and starts His reign on Earth.

1 John 3:3 tells us:
Everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
We're aren't yet perfect, but (while not possible) we should strive to be as perfect as Christ.

No! We are not finished works. If we were finished, we would no longer sin. We aren't slaves to sin - meaning we can break free from our addictions and wrongdoings (with Jesus), not that we are free and are physically and mentally unable to sin. Someone that gives their life to Jesus today, while made pure, still has a lot of spiritual maturing to do.

We are only pure and finished when He comes again and starts His reign on Earth.

1 John 3:3 tells us:
We're aren't yet perfect, but (while not possible) we should strive to be as perfect as Christ.

Jesus said it was finsihed..
John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

He also said we are FREE!!!!! :D
Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

While the payment of our sin is finished, we are not perfect yet. Remember Timothy's unsettled stomach or Paul's thorn?

Gen

Jesus said it was finsihed..
John 19:30
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
Jesus said "It is finished" regarding HIS duties for God. At that point in time, when Jesus said "It is finished", he made a way to God through Jesus for all mankind.

We are NOT perfect yet, we will be made perfect once we are in our heavenly bodies with Jesus.

Colossians 3:3
For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

It is finished because I died with Him.. In Him :D
THIS was the victory He gained on the cross!
He did what I COULDN'T do!
He slew that beast!

Romans 8:3-4
For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
The one that sins shall die is the Righteous decree of our Righteous God!
And He did it! He killed it! He killed that old sinful man! Something I could not do for myself..
My personality (soul) is intact, however.. For this is given to me by God :)
1 Corinthians 15:50-57
50 I tell you this, brothers:flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:
"Death is swallowed up in victory."
"O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?"

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Notice he's speaking of inheriting the Kingdom of God in 1 Corinthians 15:50..
Luke 17:21b
the kingdom of God is within you.

Seeing as I had no life, no spirit left in me, for I died..
He covered me, He gave me His Life, His Holy Life as my very own!
His Holy Spirit, as the promise of more to come!

Romans 13:8-14
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. 9The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

Colossians 3 :1-17 So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.
Your old life is dead. Your new life, which is your real life—even though invisible to spectators—is with Christ in God. He is your life. When Christ (your real life, remember) shows up again on this earth, you'll show up, too—the real you, the glorious you. Meanwhile, be content with obscurity, like Christ.

And that means killing off everything connected with that way of death: sexual promiscuity, impurity, lust, doing whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it, and grabbing whatever attracts your fancy. That's a life shaped by things and feelings instead of by God. It's because of this kind of thing that God is about to explode in anger. It wasn't long ago that you were doing all that stuff and not knowing any better. But you know better now, so make sure it's all gone for good: bad temper, irritability, meanness, profanity, dirty talk.

Don't lie to one another. You're done with that old life. It's like a filthy set of ill-fitting clothes you've stripped off and put in the fire. Now you're dressed in a new wardrobe. Every item of your new way of life is custom-made by the Creator, with his label on it. All the old fashions are now obsolete. Words like Jewish and non-Jewish, religious and irreligious, insider and outsider, uncivilized and uncouth, slave and free, mean nothing. From now on everyone is defined by Christ, everyone is included in Christ.

So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.

Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ-The Message-have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives—words, actions, whatever—be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way.

Last edited:
Back