Can someone explain how this works now?

FiremanThul

So I rolled that horde on stonemaul, he's now a level 44 paladin. When I was tooling around my starting area I got several guild invites and took the first level 25 guild invite that came, just wanted the perks.

So this guild is apparently a cross realm leveling guild, there's members from several realms within the guild. Not only that, but like everyone who talks in trade/general chat are other realms too.

So tell me how that works, there's cross realm guilds now? Can we run dungeons together? Is this something that we may want to merge all the cga guilds into one?

I don't know about cross-realm guilds. I don't think they exist. I do know that Stonemaul was merged with 4-5 other servers, and you will always see those server names in chat channels. To someone not on Stonemaul, it will appear as:

[2. Trade] Flamethrøwer-Stonemaul says: Did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?

If someone is on Stonemaul, you will only see their name, and not their server, like:

[3. Looking For Group] Flamethrøwer says: LF39M MC raid, no ret paladins!

Hope that sorts it for you.

EDIT: We were merged with:

Bloodscalp
Maiev
Boulderfist
Dunemaul

So that's all the server names you should be seeing.

Last edited:
Yeah I did some research and apparently guilds can now exist between these 5 realms as well. I did some more research and there are no currently registered cga guilds on the realms we were combined with.

Yes, but these "realms" are one realm now. The names might still be listed separately on the realm list, but they all funnel to the same actual realm (server). So, there are still no cross-realm guilds, but people on a merged realms can be in a guild together, regardless of what their former realm was. I don't think I made that clear in my post. They only retained the character's former server name to deal with the name issues. For instance, Stubbers on Dunemaul and Stubbers on Stonemaul get merged. We can't have two Stubbers, so who gets to keep the name? Instead of forcing name changes, they simply require that the former realm name be attached to the character name. Not to single anyone out, they applied it to all characters regardless of if anyone else had your name. Theoretically (haven't tried it yet), you could have five characters, Stubbers-Stonemaul, Stubbers-Bloodscalp, Stubbers-Maiev, Stubbers-Boulderfist, and Stubbers-Dunemaul. Could be fun?

Last edited:
Back