Can we hurt our futures with our mouths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Heres a verse in Proverbs 18:20-21 GNB

"You will have to live with the consequences of
everything you say. What you say can preserve
life or destroy it; so you must accept the
consequences of your words."

Now does that mean that if I say about myself
that "Im gonna be miserable and lonely all my life"
that Im gonna have to put up with being miserable
and lonely all my life?

The answer to that question is sorta of yes.

Words are very powerful. The Bible is very clear on how we must watch or words. Remember, it describes the tongue as a sword that can cause great damage.

The words you use to describe yourself and others can become quite prophetic. Counselors are telling us that nicknames are some of the most damaging or uplifting tags we can have. They say a person will become his nick name. In other words, if you call some one dumb long enough, they begin to believe it and live it out.

I can go into more detail later. Right now I am not on my computer.

Yes. I've done it before... nothing serious but I said I would be somewhere and, accidentally forgetting that, I said to someone else I would go there, and it was both at the same time... :eek:

Lets not put the blood of the Lamb on trial for he was sent because all fall short. We all sin and some have even shook their fist at the almighty. I noticed that you are in Proverbs and it is old testament.Imagine how it was back then wow just for dis'n something they had to slaughter a goat sheep or a cow or even a broken wing dove, so because we were loved so much a sacrifice was made so that we could stand clean before our Lord. Very few ppl out in this big ol world is truly happy with themselves.As a born again child it is pointless to look back at what was, unless it promotes spiritual growth.It is wonderful that you put fear in the Lord but keep in mind he loved you first more than you can ever imagine..Alone, Never if you have been born again, for you have a very very large family who does love you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back