Car problems, ramping up car research and shopping

Tek7@Work

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Yesterday morning, I drove to one of the sites I support. A short while later, I drove to a second site and worked there for a few hours. When I left the second site, my car was shaking while at low speeds. After work, I stopped by a local auto parts store, asked them to read the check engine light codes, and didn't find anything new or scary. On my way home from the auto parts store, my check engine light started flashing. I drove back to the store after dinner, asked them to check codes again, but this time, they couldn't establish a connection with the code reader.

So, as of yesterday, I'm starting the car search in earnest, which means hours upon hours of research and fervent prayers that my current car holds on until I can buy a new one.

Please pray for my safety as I travel. I don't drive long distances, but I support several locations in the same city (and one in a neighboring city) and I can not do my job without a working car, even temporarily.

Please also pray that my wife and I will find the right car and we'll be able to afford it. With my wife returning to work after 8 weeks of maternity leave (she's considered self-employed and she doesn't get any vacation time or pay, so we had to pull a modest amount out of savings), this is a terrible time to be under pressure to buy a car.

Finally, please pray I find the time to properly research car choices and dealerships and still work 40 hours a week and help with the baby and the house.

God has always provided for us in the past, especially when I got my current car ~12 years ago, but it's still unsettling to consider a financial commitment like a new car right now. And the first 4-6 months of a new baby's life is not exactly a wellspring of free time...

I'm not really good with cars to give any advice. But I'm praying that the car will be fixed or you find a new one soon. Maybe you can learn something new in this problem.

Jeremiah 29:11New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Back