Challenged by Phoenix Community

Okay, full report.

1st map: DM-DE-Ironic. 55-31 for TOJ. Unfortunately neither of us remembered to demo or screenshot. I just, JUST got back in time from eating dinner. We established firm control of both shields in the beginning and held on to them for the large majority of the match. Killerah and I used the link gun to deadly effect, giving me not one, but two Rampages (spree >10 kills). We were playing with some members of {dKc} Thursday evening, and Masher, former leader of my former clan :CyB:, remarked at how awesome Killerah has improved. He's grown rapidly into a strong player, and it really showed on this match. In fact, Ironic worked much better for 2v2 than I thought it would. It was faster paced than usual, but not as cramped as I expected. I think we may play this map more often in the future.

2nd map: DM-Compressed. 70-27 for TOJ. Despite having picked the map themselves, Phoenix Community seemed to have some trouble lift jumping to the double damage. We used this to our advantage and won just as before. The server-side demo is up here.

Wow, I'm flattered that masher said that about me. I have noticed some improvement in myself too. If it weren't for you, I'd still be running around with a shield gun and no strategy on some deathmatch server. So thanks a ton! I'm trying to recuit some of my friends into TOJ, I think I got one of them to join, and I'm working on a few more. Hopefully they all join and we'll have a big team like some of those other clans. But yeah, we did great, and played really well together. I'd say that was probably our best teamwork yet.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I missed it. My hand is still in pain but I will be there for practice today. I'm glad you enjoyed Ironic too; it has always been one of my favorite maps.

kraniac said:
Tek, you can join the roster at any time, but you can only play on matches that were initiated after your join date. So if you stay on the roster you can act like a pinch hitter in the future.
Cool, cool. I might sign up after this semester's over. My last day of classes is May 9, so I could probably play as a pinch hitter after that.

Back