Children of Men

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Wow, what an impressive film. The ending is rather abrupt and I don't agree with all the philosophies presented, but the cinematography and the length of some takes is amazing. The film paints a disturbingly honest picture of humanity in the face of crisis.

The technology presented in the film is entirely feasible for 2027; I especially like how most new technology is used for advertising. Television shows like Star Trek depict a future where socioeconomic classes no longer exist, poverty is a thing of the past, and technology is designed for the benefit of humanity rather than the exploitation of the others. This film throws away such naive idealism and presents a realistic and gritty estimation of the future. In the future depicted in Children of Men, humanity still fails to learn from its past, the upper classes still exploit the lower, and humanity, even in the face of extinction, clings to its narrow-minded "I've got mine, go get yours" attitude.

The raw cinematography and the central symbol of infertility work together well to create a great cautionary tale.

DISCLAIMER: Children of Men is rated R for graphic violence and brief nudity (which lasts about 2 full seconds and, while not strictly necessary to the story, is not gratuitous).

EDIT: And a lot of F-bombs.

Last edited:
Back