Christian Fandom Relaunch Reception

Greg Slade

Dudes, Dudettes, and Dudoids:

To celebrate the launch of the NEW and IMPROVED Christian Fandom web site (which I think is probably going to be Christian Fandom 5.0 or thereabouts), the other bitwrights and I would like to invite you to an online reception. The idea is that it would be similar to the sort of wine and cheese receptions that they hold at art gallery openings, which is apropos, because the revamped web site (did I mention that it's NEW and IMPROVED?) features, among other new features, a virtual art gallery, including works (so far) by our very own Ron Oakes, and by Frank Wu (who just happens to be our guest for next month's online interview.) The only difference, of course, is that you will need to provide your own wine and cheese. (Nonalcoholic wine, and low-fat cheese, if your needs dictate thus. Personally, I plan to chill a bottle of ginger ale, and chow down on "Shrek 2" M&Ms, but don't mind me.)

Anyway, I have asked Amy, who owns a chat room at Talk City called the Master's Palace (tastefully decorated in hunter green and burgundy), if she'd be willing to host the online reception in her room, and she has (somewhat foolishly, I think) agreed. Therefore, please meet us in the Master's Palace, on Friday August 6th, starting at 7:00 p.m. EDT[1]. The party will continue until everybody gets bored and goes home, but will hopefully last at least long enough for people on the West Coast of North America to get home from work and log in. (If people get really excited, we might just run the clock around, to give those in Asia and Europe a chance to party when they're awake, but in any case, we need to pick up the napkins and wash the dishes and generally leave the room the way we found it eventually.)

You might be able to reach the Master's Palace directly. If not, try drilling down from the home page.

I look forward to seeing you there. I'll be dressed as "Grga."

God bless,

Greg

P.S. Trivia games seem to be pretty popular on these chat sites. If anyone would like to volunteer to compile a set of Christian Fandom trivia questions ("What year was C.S. Lewis born?" that sort of thing) and host a trivia game for a while, please contact me off list.

P.P.S. You may notice the the new site isn't up yet. It is scheduled to go live right as the party starts, so that, if your browser can handle it, you can keep two windows open, and say nice things to the bitwrights about the result of all their hard work.

[1] I believe that makes it 8:30 in Newfoundland, 8:00 Atlantic Time, 6:00 Central, 5:00 Mountain, 4:00 Pacific Time. Midnight in the UK (sorry about that), 7:00 a.m. Saturday in Hong Kong and Perth, and 10:00 am in Sydney, but you'd better double-check my math.

Sounds like fun. I hope I can make it. I'll write in my calander and hopefully my wifey will let me come
smile.gif

Back