Communion

rev. Jim

Since we typically always have communion on Christmas Eve, and I have seen the enemy robbing many people of the benefits of communion.. tonight I shared on this, and since it is now posted on my site for all to read, I was thinking I could also share it with people here.

If this is the wrong place or if links are not allowed, please accept my apology:

You can read it here: http://www.thrivingbranch.com/2011/12/24/the-lords-gift/

Nicely done. Although my church is one that serves the thin wafer and little cup... I understand your point. Links to blogs, articles, etc are fine, as long as it would be appropriate for discussion here on the boards.

I'm not going to get into it. I'm just not. But suffice to say I don't agree with you on most points, except this. (Of course, even this means very different things between the two of us. But in a general way, we both agree.)

Rev. Jim's blog said:
To a degree, I understand why churches today offer the standard thin wafer and small cup of grape juice that wouldn’t quench the hunger or thirst of a mouse; but at the same time let us remember that there is actually total sufficiency in our LORD and Savior. That no-one is ever left in want when they come to Him.

Hey, revJim - I went to reread your article and the link is lost. Any reason? It was enjoyable.

Durruck said:
Links to blogs, articles, etc are fine, as long as it would be appropriate for discussion here on the boards.
Thanks for the info... I wasn't sure if this section was really open to regular members or what exactly, because it looked like it hadn't been updated in a while.

Hey, revJim - I went to reread your article and the link is lost. Any reason? It was enjoyable.

Server maintenance... should be back up soon at the time of my writing this. And I'm glad you enjoyed it... always nice to hear.

GenghisKhan44 said:
I'm not going to get into it. I'm just not. But suffice to say I don't agree with you on most points, except this. (Of course, even this means very different things between the two of us. But in a general way, we both agree.)

It's okay. This was a transcript from a message I preached on Christmas Eve; I'm sure it will not apply to every single person on the internet... but I have seen many lives destroyed by a misunderstanding of communion and really felt the urging of the Spirit to share the link here.

Last edited:
Yep - back up this morning.

I've had the same experience of people mistakenly not taking communion because they thought they had to be perfect the past little while.

Yep - back up this morning.

I've had the same experience of people mistakenly not taking communion because they thought they had to be perfect the past little while.
Yes, and also it is wonderful to see people freed from that misconception. Diseases have been healed and lives restored as people have reached out in faith and taken more of what Jesus paid such a high price to give us.

Back