Computer Issues

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Sorry about having to leave early Tuesday but five total computer lockups tell me my computer wasn't having it. It got so bad I didn't even start TF2 and it was locking up. I think it's the video card but I have also been having my mouse cut out in games (it's fun when you randomly can't turn or aim :p ) so I'll be looking into it more. I did try a new video driver today (in the hope it would fix the ongoing TF2/Nvida crashes) but it had worked for hours, with some video jerks, until then. Installing the older driver did not fix it either. I'm currently using safe mode and the whole screen has wavy purple lines in it. Anyway even if I don't get it fixed by next Tuesday I'll borrow Bird's computer to make the night. I prefer to consider the crashes as God nerfing my OP skills <kidding/>.

I missed the opportunity to burninate the land with Keero so you know I wanted to stay T_T.

Side note: Hey on the plus side before all this happened I got ambient occlusion working on my stagecoach model today, yay!.

Last edited:
Same sort of thing happened to my desktop about 2 months ago. Had to send my video card back to Nvidia for repair. Luckily it was still under warrenty so.

Sorry I missed the evening. Completely forgot it was Tuesday. Won't be there next week either cause I'm going on vacation but I'll be back soon!

Good deal on the Stagecoach! Hopefully you can get that map finished so we don't have to play warhouse anymore. :D

Bird told us a little about the hardware failures last night. Sorry to hear it, mate. Hope your computer gets well soon! You were missed!

...no, seriously, none of my rockets were able to hit you because you weren't there. :p

I figure I've conducted enough psychological terror of "where is Gerbil is he stalking me? is he playing spy?!?! IS HE BEHIND ME!?!?!" . My video card has returned and I have two weeks of stabbing to catch up on tomorrow FEAR THE GERBIL'S FANG MWAHAHA!

Note: Hopefully this card will last longer than the 3 card replacements in 4 years before it -_- .

Last edited:
Um.... Who are you again?
This is what the Internet does to the human attention span. :p

Looking forward to your return, Gerbil!

...Can we play Boomtown again now? :D

Um.... Who are you again?

Forgive him he's old and his memory is going. :p

This is what the Internet does to the human attention span. :p

Looking forward to your return, Gerbil!

...Can we play Boomtown again now? :D

We can give Boomtown a spin if you like. Due to my break down a new version was obviously put off though. I was making progress until then :/ .

Now that a think about it it's more like Bird of Pray's return because I don't have to borrow his computer for game night now XD .

Video card works alright so far. Now I just have to find out why my mouse is cutting in and out in-game XD.

Back