Concerning the dark side

Epik, I don't mean to sound like I don't sympathize, or that your concerns are not valid; but I wonder - when you played WoW, did you avoid the Death Knight class? Did you skip the various torture quests throughout WoW as well?

I played my inquisitor to the light side this weekend, and was able to get through that quest allowing those prisoners to fight for their freedom. I put my life on the line to give them a fair shot. According to the story, ignoring them would have just resulted in someone else torturing them eventually. So - fair chance against me, or left for someone else to torture? I chose the fair chance.

But don't worry, it does get better :D

I understand where this is coming from, because it's easy to identify with your character and YOU don't want to be doing something evil. But even on the Republic side, you will be faced with morally ambiguous situations, and the Light/Dark points don't always match up with what you might think is correct. I think it comes down to, can you only play a game where you agree with every action your character takes? As Flamethrower said, at least SWTOR gives you a choice most of the time, where in WoW you just had to torture people to keep the questline moving.

One advantage of going Light side on the Empire side is that most people will be Dark, and thus Light side gear should be much cheaper/more readily available on the AH.

Another point might be that light side sith in a large group might stand out some.... ie if we are all standing around together in our light side robes.... Ok i am making stuff up now lol... what do the light side items look like anyways, I never paid attention to it.

I was leaning towards going lightside with my Inquisitor, but I would like to know what items are available for lightside vs darkside. Is there a comparison somewhere? A guy I know is rolling a Republic toon and going darkside because he thinks the items are better.

I hate what I'm going to have to do -- but i'm going Dark Side. I got up to Dark Side 1 and loved the yellow eyes. I'm a roleplayer, and I know that it's only a game. So i might get high up in dark, get tired of it, then work back down to light side. Puts a cool RP meaning to 'Called from Darkness'

Well it was the left side choice on the main page along with skill calculator, its been replaced and I cant find it anywhere...odd.

clearly this thread took a moral step I wasnt going for lol. I dont mind killing mindless amounts of mobs or torturing them. My main concern was that it seemed the only way to be sith was to torture ppl instead of kill them, and also that my character was a cocky annoying jerk doing it. ive slaughtered 1000s for nothing more than a title, it just seems the story line was annoying to HAVE to torture and be a jerk to get dark side points. But with Grim's clarification I am no longer worried about that.

clearly this thread took a moral step I wasnt going for lol. I dont mind killing mindless amounts of mobs or torturing them. My main concern was that it seemed the only way to be sith was to torture ppl instead of kill them, and also that my character was a cocky annoying jerk doing it. ive slaughtered 1000s for nothing more than a title, it just seems the story line was annoying to HAVE to torture and be a jerk to get dark side points. But with Grim's clarification I am no longer worried about that.

Yeah, you can still be a Sith while collecting light side points along the way. If you want to get dark side points you do need to be as mean as possible, though.

Back