CraftBot

Kagnus

I found a small addon growing on me called CraftBot, found here

CraftBot

I found it while browsing the tradeskill related addons, primarily looking for the one that lists gems via the !gem whisper command.

However, CraftBot is not limited to just gems (it does NOT do enchants, though) and the thing I like about it is you can have it remember what other characters can make.

Therefore, if I am on Azolas and someone wants to know if Kagnus can smith something, they can inquire Azolas via craftbot and get their answer on what Kagnus can make.

So, if you want to try it out while I am on any of my characters you can either whisper me

!cbsearch <keyword> to search for an item by full or partial name or

!cbuse <reagent> to find out what I can make with a certain reagent

as a follow up, you can also use the command:

!cbmats #.#.# - once you get the item returned from !cbsearch, you put in that number to see what materials are required to craft the end item.

I have this installed now too. You can now view stuff for Rueage (Alchemy), Basshebeth (Jewel Crafting) and Allanon (Blacksmithing).

Just a quick followup, Mike and I have been playing with this, it rocks. Thanks Connor, nice find. Definitely a candidate for the guild mod pack.

Emphasis added due to a lack of my attention ;)

Last edited:
I can't imagine switching to CraftBot. I've worked so hard to train people to use !gems and !ench. I don't want to go through all that pain again :-(

I actually use all three. Seeing that I have just about every tradeskill one at least one of my toons, I didn't see a better alternative for alchemy, tailoring, leatherworking, blacksmithing. Of course, I really only have Alch, JC, Ench & Tailoring somewhat worked up right now...but someday....

Seeing as I don't enchant, craftbot works great for searching stuff across all professions. I would encourage the use of craftbot over gems but that is just my preference.

I actually like the interface for !ench and !gems better, but for now, !CB is the best 'general' crafting interface.

I agree about the interface. However for me it is an addon that I set and forget, so until it bothers me to the point I write my own, I like it enough :)

Speaking of which, I just found this today, I think it was released today

CraftList2

It is from the !enchant and !gem author, but combines all crafts and still uses the old ! commands. I am trying it out to see if I am going to jump ship :)

Yeah I saw it but didn't excite me, having to specify a specific noun first (gem, enchant, craft) doesn't do anything for me. For me, I like the !cbsearch, it doesn't care if it is a gem or not, it will return what you ask for.

So far in testing if you do just !craft it will return results for enchants and gems as well as everything else. I think the !enchant and !gem are provided so you do not have to retrain customers, or to limit searches to just those two crafts.

I have both loaded and still doing local testing.

Back