Crisis Averted

wondering what is wrong with 666?

In Revelation 13, this is proclaimed to be the number of the beast:

11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.
18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

While I have not verified this myself, I have heard that the first, middle and last symbols on a standard bar code are 6's, and some people believe that, in the future, bar codes will be placed on/implanted in people hands. Of course, this is a little hard to believe, because I know that not every bar code contains this formatting, and it's very tough to believe that people would allow this to be done to them just to go to the grocery store.

One of the toughest things about Revelation (for me) is figuring out what is figurative and what is literal. Of course, there are many views on the subject. While I doubt that in the end times, we will have government holding a red-hot '666' brand to our foreheads, the Bible does tell us to watch out for the 'mark of the beast' and that the mark is '666'. Personally, I'm never going to allow any sort of mark or implant on my hand or forehead, specifically because of this passage.

In regards to this thread, Pneuma was joking that our forum showed this particular number, and while there was never any inherent danger, he did his best to remove it anyway.

Last edited:
Hmm I will attempt to use "biblical" methods to prove something here:

Mordos

M = 13th letter of the alphabet
O = 15th
R = 18th
D = 4th
O = 15th
S = 19th

M = 13 or 1+3 which equals 4
O = 15 or 1+5 which equals 6
R = 18 or 1+8 which equals 9
D = 4
O = same as other O giving us 6
S = 19 or 1+9 which equals 10

Now take the S and do 1 x 0 which gives us 0
Then add the two 4's together giving us 8
Then multiply the 8 by the 9 giving us 72
Then add the two sixes together for 12
Divide the 72 by 12 and you are left with 6
Now take the only letter to appear twice (0) and you find two 6's
Add the remaining six from the original formula

You get 666

I rest my case

This is perfect Herold Camping logic!

Hmm I will attempt to use "biblical" methods to prove something here:

Mordos

M = 13th letter of the alphabet
O = 15th
R = 18th
D = 4th
O = 15th
S = 19th

M = 13 or 1+3 which equals 4
O = 15 or 1+5 which equals 6
R = 18 or 1+8 which equals 9
D = 4
O = same as other O giving us 6
S = 19 or 1+9 which equals 10

Now take the S and do 1 x 0 which gives us 0
Then add the two 4's together giving us 8
Then multiply the 8 by the 9 giving us 72
Then add the two sixes together for 12
Divide the 72 by 12 and you are left with 6
Now take the only letter to appear twice (0) and you find two 6's
Add the remaining six from the original formula

You get 666

I rest my case

I am glad that Pneuma explained that so clearly before the world ends on May 21st. Thanks Pneuma.

The world is supposed to end in 2 days O.O? There is so much I still need to do... Better get to it I guess. Ill start with cleaning my room :p

Back