Critter Crunch in 1080p: They should have sent a poet

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Critter Crunch in 1080p. It's...so beautiful.

My wife and I bought a HDTV last night. A Samsung LN46C670. Game Mode all but eliminates input lag and picture quality doesn't take a hit. I haven't measured the milliseconds, but I don't know if I care to. The controls still feel good and the TV is all-around solid.

I turned on my PS3, loaded up Critter Crunch (yes, before anything else), and was floored. I knew there was a chasm between SD and HD, but wow. I didn't even know there were critter encased in those jewels Biggs had been eating until I played it in HD.

I was also very pleased to find out that Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Katamari Forever (or at least the demo), and PixelJunk Eden (again, I only have the demo) are also 1080p.

The Uncharted 2 demo looked amazing.

Toy Story 3 on BluRay is gorgeous. I watched about 30 minutes of it during lunch today. It took tremendous willpower not to watch the rest.

I'll post more as I can take the time to play with my and my wife's shiny new TV.

Have you tried PJ Monsters yet? That's also in 1080p.

For me, the biggest "holy cow that looks great in HD!" comes from the cinematics, haha.

Have you tried PJ Monsters yet? That's also in 1080p.
I haven't yet, but I still have the demo installed. It's in my list of games to check out. I probably still won't buy it, though, since I'm not a big fan of turrent/tower defense games.

Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 probably the cutting edge for PS3 graphics. Wish KZ2 had a demo so you could see it, game itself is rather clunky. xD

I believe that TV will look nice with your copy of Demon's Souls for $19.99 free ship from newegg, wouldn't you agree?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879225033
I added Demon's Souls to my Amazon Wish List so I could keep track of its price a while back, but I'm going to keep waiting on it. I have several single-player games in my queue right now. I also plan to pick up a few $10 PS3 games on Black Friday (namely inFamous and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction).
Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 probably the cutting edge for PS3 graphics. Wish KZ2 had a demo so you could see it, game itself is rather clunky. xD
The Uncharted 2 demo looks fantastic on my HDTV. I played through it again even though I'd already played it on my CRT before.

R&C is great. Killzone 2 is also $10 if you like ps3 shooters.
I don't.

Count me out for BLOPS. I won't pay $60 for a PC game unless I've been waiting for it for over a decade and I can't stand first-person shooters on consoles (with the notable exceptions of Timesplitters Future Perfect, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and The Conduit). If God had meant for us to play FPS games with thumbsticks, He wouldn't have given us keyboards and mice first.

Take that last line with a grain of salt.
But that is indeed a great deal for console FPS fans.

Back