CS 1.6 Problems...

[toj.cc]phantom

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
When ever I join a server, I am able to get on select my team and skin. After I get into the actual game, after about 5 seconds, I get booted. Sometimes its just back to the server browser other times its all the way to the desktop. Does anyone know how to fix this? :confused:

My sis was having the same problem. I went to csbanana and Down loaded de_vegas.wad and it seemed to fix the problem... Only tip I have.

the_great_eskimo_pie said:
My sis was having the same problem. I went to csbanana and Down loaded de_vegas.wad and it seemed to fix the problem... Only tip I have.

Just tried that, already had it but did it again just it case...still does it.

If its causing errors like "socket error" or "missing .wad file" then its a file issue (we use .res files to make sure server has the files to download to client).

Thats the only thing I can think of.

If its not fixed, then backup your config files (config.cfg) and any custom scripts (steambans) and delete counter strike folder and start from scratch (replace your configs)

Last edited:
Talon said:
If its causing errors like "socket error" or "missing .wad file" then its a file issue (we use .res files to make sure server has the files to download to client).

Thats the only thing I can think of.

If its not fixed, then backup your config files (config.cfg) and any custom scripts (steambans) and delete counter strike folder and start from scratch (replace your configs)

I'll try that tommorow, I also sent a help request to Valve just in case.

BUILD 3382 SERVER (0 CRC)
Server # 46
* Privileges set
[GFC#12]Punisher connected
Server tried to send invalid command:"alias s_enable_a3d
"A3D is not currently running.
Server tried to send invalid command:"alias s_enable_a3d
"A3D is not currently running.
Host_Error: CL_ParseServerMessage: Bad serve

Thats the error that shows up when I get booted...]

EDIT:

Okay, I did what Talon said, and instead of that error I get this...

Host_Error: CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message - svc_ba
or
Host_Error: CL_Parse_Version: Server is protocol 56 instead of 4 (or something like that sometimes the numbers differ)

I just want to play CS...*sniff*:(

Last edited:
Well, after doing some deep searching in Google I found a really old forum post (not here) about putting +clientport 27007 in the launch options...it seemed to work...I'll play for a bit longer later and find out...

Back