December 18th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Voices of God

Pharaoh said, "Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go."

-Exodus 5:2 (NIV)

PHARAOH was right. He did not know the Lord; therefore, how could he hear and obey God's voice? I have never heard the voice of the Lord. Never, that is, in the same way I am able to hear others when they speak to me. However, I am convinced that I have heard God in many ways -- mostly quiet ways. God speaks from the pages of the Bible, from pulpits, in friendly conversations. And our Creator's voice speaks to us from the magnificent outdoors and splendors above.

We may also hear God's voice in a newborn baby's cry as it alerts us to its promise as God's child and calls us to consider the paths it must walk on the way to becoming the person God foresees. God's voice speaks out beneath the noises of the day when listening is most difficult, as God slips in quietly through the din.

Pharaoh would not obey the voice of someone he did not know. We are blessed that we can hear and know God's voice.

John Eyberg (Oklahoma, U.S.A.)

Prayer:
Gracious Lord, you have given us ears to hear and hearts to receive. Now we pray for the will to obey your voice that we know and trust. Amen.

Back