Drumming up members.

rizz

Thought i would make a post to try and get som more people into ToJ (or just christian wii gaming)... I have a few thoughts on this.

- People who own wiis are probably casual gamers and so might fear the involvement of a christian gaming clan.
- The wii invites such casual involvement with the implementation of friend codes.
- The wii information compilation is an aim to try and bring info together for people who are in ToJ, and also a wider circle.

Ok, that said.. do we start spamming forums to get some people into here. Are there other ways to conenct with people who may not like the forum setup. How do we get people more motivated in the chapter..

Just thought i would throw a few ideas about...

I think most daily Internet users are comfortable with using online forums.

I also think there's a place for a Christian gaming group chapter for Wii owners.

What's limited us so far is a lack of recruiting. We've only announced the chapter to other Tribe of Judah members and other CGA Forums regulars. I think a few recruiting posts on the right forums (i.e. Christian forums not focused on gaming, Nintendo fan forums that allow gaming group promotion, etc.) could easily bring in several new active members.

But remember that "active" is a relative term. I don't expect members of the Wii chapter to be as active as one of our Shooter chapters, just as I don't expect members of our Shooter chapters to be as active as members of our Role-playing chapters. Each type of game solicits a certain level of activity to stay "in the know," and console gaming is on the low end of that spectrum. That's not a bad thing, it's just different--and something important to keep in mind while measuring the growth and success of a console chapter.

Agreed. I just imagined that due to the large number of sales of wii against the proportion of christians there must be a huge number that play who wouldnt necessarily be considered "pc adept".. I was thinking along the lines of alternative means of connecting.. but yeh we still need a volunteer to spam forums.

/bump

Does anyone want to go around Wii forums, SSBB forums and Mario kart forums advertising ToJ and christian Wii gaming? If so then please contact myself or Bassman449.

/bump

Does anyone want to go around Wii forums, SSBB forums and Mario kart forums advertising ToJ and christian Wii gaming? If so then please contact myself or Bassman449.
I'm willing to help out.

I can write a recruiting post template, post them to other gaming forums, and/or suggest forums where you can post (being familiar with a few Nintendo fan forums already).

Let me know where you guys want me to pitch in and I'll try to set aside a bit of time to help.

Back