Dunno where to post this, could use discord help/understanding?

Theodophilus

Hey guys, I was about to make an account here just to ask what was going on, but then I realized I had made an account years ago when I was trying to see if anyone else was having problems with LOTRO and being a Christian there....... I found your discord a couple or so weeks ago when I was searching for christian discords, I'm not really much of a forum person and prefer live chat... anyway....

I was on the Discord a little while ago as Col. Jack O'Neill, aaaand now I'm not on the discord? Some people came in spamming these long messages about how evil islam was, and I mean they were very spammy, even if what they were saying was true, they just kept repeating this huge wall of text, and I literally said one ironic line, I don't remember but something like "Hey you know I heard Islam was evil" and I think I also linked the religionofpeace website, which exposes the death cult of Islam for what it is, in a non-partisan way. I said it once, didn't repeat myself etc.

I don't know if I was mistaken for one of the spammers, or if someone had deleted the discord all together(? The invite link I had found previously doesn't work now?), or if you all are into some crazy Chrislam type nonsense (?!??!!?!) and were deeply offended by the link and what I said? I'd really like to understand what happened, and I'm happy I already had an account here, because really, being summarily banned(?) from a discord does not inspire further communication, there is an easy assumption that maybe God doesn't want you there anyway. Last week I was banned from a "Christian" discord merely for speaking the truth about the biblical definition of saints in the face of some very antsy papists.... I'm 40+ years old, former hardened hateful atheist raised in a secular home, Jesus drew me to Him for some inscrutable humbling reason, so of course I would deliver the real Gospel to people proselytizing Catholicism, but I digress....

If someone pulled the trigger a bit too quick, don't feel alone, I've noticed discord is incredibly ban heavy, and is ironically very non-communicative, there are no ban messages, no way to contact the discord owner, no way to tell what you supposedly did wrong, etc. Anyway, I was just wanting to know what actually happened, since as far as I can tell, the discord client doesn't even have a log saying you were banned, or the server was closed, or anything....

Sincerely,

Jack

(Some evidence I'm not a troll, feel free to delete if this seems like an ad, I do not like self-promotion myself, but I want you to understand I was not spamming you, and was there for live chat fellowship: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ChristianGamingCommunity <-- owner)

I don't admin the discord but, if everything you say is true, you probably just got caught in a ban wave. I've linked to https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/ here before it's not a problem. Trolls often come in packs to deliberately grieve so it's understandable if no one knew you or you joined at the same time. You'll have to wait until one of the discord admins sees this to get unbanned.

Hmmm it says I am a mod on it though that's news to me XD. I have no idea how to use them powers but I'll see if I can figure it out. I promise nothing though!

I think I found it you should be un-banned now. Have fun :).

If I've stepped on another mod's toes I apologize. I'm only acting on the assumption of an earnest mistake not countermanding anyone. If I missed something just re-ban.

sorry bro! totally missed there. it was 3am my time and i just saw spam so i cleaned it. my bad <3

Back