Evaluation of tanking gear..

FiremanThul

From the outlands, I had saved a bunch of stuff with moderate and lots of various tanking stats like +defence, +shield block, +parry, etc.

Now I'm getting all kinds of new gear with super high stam, super high armor value, but mostly DPS bonuses, crit, hit, haste. Last night I succesfully tanked utgarde with mostly that new green dps gear, and we did it without CC. That being said, I think we had a good healer and am wondering if I should keep some of that old gear for the tanking bonuses.

So how do I look at two pieces and figure out what's better?

First off, I'd highly recommend the mod RatingBuster, as it will crunch both ratings and stats to tell you what effect you're really getting (strength being shield block value, etc).

Secondly, for now I'd not worry about it too much if you're losing +def etc, but keep an eye out for those things. Remember that crushing blows have been moved from 3 levels above you (which means all bosses) to 4 levels above you (only mobs that you're underleveled to tank,) so unless you're fighting a high level instance as a lowbie tank, or you have negative defense skill relative to your level, you should be okay.

Back