Facing the Giants

SirThom

I just saw another excellent movie a couple days ago: Facing the Giants. The movie, in my opinion, is a must-see for all Christians. It documents the struggles one man goes through, and how God helps him realize who's in control.

I've seen it and it is quite good. The focus is on depending on/trusting God and giving your best for him, not salvation. I've certainty got nothing against a Christian movie that is focused on salvation, but, there aren't a lot of Christian movies that address other issues. Even if less important they still need to be addressed. This one does and we need more of them. I did think the beginning of the movie was a bit off. Probably because the actors are not professionals and it was a bit jarring getting used to it (the entire movie was made by a church :) ) However, once the characters are built up you really don't care about that. In fact I think the actors come to seem more real/honest in their parts than any paid actor would because they believe in what they are doing.

Great movie. This is the second movie to come up from these guys. the first one was called Flywheel. It's really good too, though it's a very low budget film. Your right TMG, the focus is not on salvation, but in both movies, the characters ARE Christians. The school itself is a Christian school. They know about salvation...they just aren't living how they are supposed to. They really hit the nail on the head with this one though. Every one that calls themselves a Christian should definitely see it.

Good movie, good story, I've never really liked sport movies though...it's like watching a Movie about gaming, why watch a movie about if you can just DO IT?

The movie is only loosely about football. It's not about who wins and loses. It's about God being in control. As we follow through the movie, we see what happens when we (represented by the lead character) tries to rely on our own strength. We fail. When we ask God for strength, we can do anything.

The movie is only loosely about football. It's not about who wins and loses. It's about God being in control. As we follow through the movie, we see what happens when we (represented by the lead character) tries to rely on our own strength. We fail. When we ask God for strength, we can do anything.

Yeah, good point, football is not the only thing happening...yeah i guess it is better in that matter.

I liked it because of production values. I am really tired of watching Christian media and almost being humiliated in the way that they play it almost too safe and are afraid to try and make an atypical hero, because it's like they don't believe in doubt. That's what I liked in Facing the Giants: he was more human than anything...he was unsure about stuff and showed that he was capable of emotion.

Back