Flash games

Plankeye

I found two Flash games I would like to integrate into the site. Do we have any flash experts that are good with Action Script and possibly Flash Remoting (our hosting company allows flash remoting)? The two games are Pacman and Space Invaders. Currently they keep highscores by writing to a text file using a perl script. I would much rather integrate it into our database and have the highscores stored there. Otherwise, I will plug away at it as I want to learn about Flash anyways. If you think you can help me out, send me an email at: plankeye@cgalliance.net

well i have done a little flash in the past, but i not good at action scripting

God Bless
-ChaosSniper

If you put those games on the site, the forums would die! Everyone would be trying to beat the daily high scores!

The forums will never die with spammers like shark, zealot and rizz.
tounge.gif

Well last time I checked I had the top score on Pac-man and if I don't still well I'm gonna go get it back.

What we need is some Galaga/Galaxian.

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

Thats like saying disco will never die with bands liek the BGs.

Ix

pacman is bugged!!! ahh fix it... I had a high score of 130,000 twice, and it didnt save it... said I was logged off... hmph...

nobody can beat meee in pacman!

Well I came pretty close to you on just my first try Rizz so you better be watching out. ;-)

I bet Babo just has one of those old skool books that tell you the exact movement patterns of all the ghosts don't you? ;-)

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

I am working on a fix that will let you continue to play the game even after the website session times out. As of Galaga or Galaxian, I have not found a similar flash game. Although, if you really want to indulge yourself in classic arcade games, go to www.classicgaming.com and check out the Arcade emulater MAME and their rom section as they have the original galaga and galaxian.

Yea it's just more fun pwning in my favorite old skool game when you can taunt others with it.

*gets brilliant idea to make it himself then realizes he has no ability in flash whatsoever*

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

I think I have it fixed, it should now keep your session alive if you play a game longer than 20 minutes. If not, please let me know and I will go back to the drawing board.

You have to click on the Main Menu link under Members on the ToJ homepage. The Main Menu is password protected so send me an email if you need any help with forgotten passwords or ID's. From the Main menu, there are two links, one to play games and the other to see high scores. Click on the games and select either Pacman or Space Invaders. If you have any problems getting there, let me know.

Back