Fond Memories

Jasmina

Bathing in the warm evening sun shining through the guild hall window as the sun begins its evening descent Jazmina looks up from her ledgers and takes a deep sigh. She has the hall all to herself and though the hall is a haven of rest to her, her heart is still not comforted by the sweet sounds of the birds singing outside the door nor the lullaby of the river nearby as it flows along its course. Leafing the pages of the guild hall ledger between her fingers her mind wanders back to days long past. The sweet memories of those who have made her and the guild what it is today.

She smiles as she remembers those early days of attending church services in the old abbey. Then those awesome adventures with Malohaut held after services. The picnics, the wondering through Lyn Barfog for the very first time. The innocence of those times. She remembers the time that Jadzzia, Peiter's wife gave her her first whole set of armor.
She smiles fondly as she remembers the voice of Palevale and his daily greetings whenever her and Blednnyn were around. Jazmina sighs as she recalls the beautiful wedding held in the abbey officiated by her close and dear friend Malohaut. Such dear times..memories that will never fade through time.

Jazmina opens a drawer in her desk and pulls out a fine leather bound book. Leaning back in her chair she delicately turns the pages. Before her a picture taken at the dawn of a battle in avalon city for the first time. She see's her self surrounded by the best of warriors..almost as if they were angels sent to battle a feirce demon foe. She smiles warmly, a tear almost flowing from her eyes. The picture proudly showing Colbi, Moniere, Zigafus, Aijalon, Malohaut, Blednnyn, Cammandus, and Phillippi bracing themselves preparing to battle.

She turns the page and there a photo of one of the first guild meetings held in the mess hall at the old abbey. She smiles to think how the guild has grown since that time. The following page holds a faded picture of Paron and Moogle playing a prank on each other.
Jazmina turns the page and there another beautiful picture that fills her mind and heart with memories. She can still hear faithful Gyllis, his pleasent voice echoing through the halls of Camelot church..spreading God's word for all to hear. The excitement she felt as she sat in service and watched that great church fill with curious onlookers who were drawn in by the hearing of God's word.

Jazmina continues leafing through the pages of the fine leather album. Pictures of younger members warm her heart, Odale, Seresia, Rolander, Icthus, Avengar, Hennis, Xits, and others. She wonders where the time has gone. So many memories so dear to her. So many people who have touched her life and that of her husbands.

Jazmina closes the pages of the book setting it down on her desktop. She gets up from her chair and strolls to the window of the new hall. Her mind wonders wondering what has happened to those she has not heard from in a while. Those like Hezron whose brief visits warm her heart. Zigafus and his beautiful wife Lilyan, Moniere the gentle soul who always layed down his life with a smile for his guild family. Phillippi, the one who was certain that the guild family had the finest of clothing to warm them in battle.And Malohaut....the one who guided Jazmina, the dear friend who gave her the courage and assurance she needed to lead such a fine family.
Her mind wanders to those so young in the guild. What will become of them? Sighing she kneels before the cross hanging over the guild mantle and prays..." Dear Lord, You have brought so many into my life and this guild's life. All a blessing and dear to my heart. I pray for their safety and that they have peace and prosperity in all they do.I pray you return those who are returning to our fold safely and bless those you have moved on to be a blessing elsewhere. I pray you will continue to allow this small band of faithful to continue to touch the lifes of those around us and show them a glimpse of you through our example. I know I am getting older now and I pray you raise vallient leaders to lead this family and help it grow into what you want it to be. Bless this guild Lord, bless everyone who is part of it. Lead us and guide us. I thank you Lord for each and every one of them. Strengthen me Lord and let me continue to be the example of you and your love in this guild. In Jesus's precious name...Amen."

Jazmina arises and walks back to her desk. She puts the leather bound album neatly in her drawer and close her ledgers for the day. As she closes the door to the guild hall for the evening the scent of flowers and fresh air fill her. Breathing in deeply she thinks she can smell the bittersweet scent of adventure. Pulling out her drum she begins an upbeat song of praise to the Lord for she feels the Lords reassurance that the guild is not ending a page but rather turning a page to a new time..full of new memories and new faces and new blessings!

Ahhh, memories. Indeed, many have been the adventures of the Knights in these fair lands. I remember back long ago, grouping with Hezron slaying Pygmy Goblins before a disease ravaged the goblin ranks and they were no longer a threat. I remember racing against Aijalon to attain our final rank. He beat me by a day or two. <grins>

I remember long hours training with Cammandus, both of us honing our skills against each other. Then there was the first time we claimed a keep, the moment will stand forever.

I remember even farther back when I was but a wee lad and Albion was assaulted by Midgard, and Jazmina stood with the few Albion defenders at Castle Myrddin, holding back the hordes of attackers.

I also cherish the memories of our church services, with Malo speaking truth to our hearts and encouraging us.

Knights. There's no better family in all the realms.

God bless

Like a mist rolling in through the dead of night, Moniere, most of his armor damaged and broken, silently crept up to the hall with the white banner with a black tower and crimson stripe drapped over the door.

Looking cautiously around, he opened the door and stepped inside. The hall was empty, save for some furniture and the warmth of a fire burning low on cinders.

Fear gripped Moniere's heart as he thought the worst had happened to his friends. Was he too late? Perhaps in his absence, the guild had gone seperate ways?

He needed help. He needed his friends. He had tried to stop the oncoming evil himself, to keep his friends safe, and he had been beaten, drvien off, and pursued.

Having only lost his hunters by a few days, he wasn't sure he had completely rid himself of their bloodthirst.

Like the prodigal son, he knew he had a home, and friends who would protect him. He was ashamed he never asked for them to come with him. Ashamed that he couldnt swallow his pride and go to them for help sooner, when they, together, might have been able to stop the evil, now aware of their exsistenc:due to him.

Knowing that the fire had been burning for a while, he fed it, and took off what was left of his armor. Looking around, he noticed a desk with drawers. He limped over to the desk, and pulled out a drawer. Nursing a wound on his right hand, he lifted the album out with his left, and dropped himself in a chair near the newly kindled fire.

He leafed through the pages and a feeling of security came to him.  He knew his friends would not abandon him. He knew God would never let him be alone, again.
He remembered why he hadnt asked them for help. It wan't that he was a coward, like his enemies tried to convince him during torture, but out of love. He was tryign to protect them. His life prior to the failed crusade was coming back to his memory. He knew once again a safe place, guarded by high walls.

As he began to drift into sleep by the warmth of the fire, he thought he heard familiar voices outside the guild hall...

The sun was rising.

Perhaps life would survive the oncoming evil, afterall...

He and his friends would decide that, he knew...

God would decide that.

Every single time i log on i look forward to seeing all of you having a great time.  Having almost played daoc for a year i have gotten to know you all pretty well.

Jaz for her fantastic advice, Blednnyn the great protector, Camm and Tisket for their smart, funny and witty remarks, Colbi for laughing at nearly everything.
Malohaut for his unwavering faith, Hezron as a great advice with bad internet connections
wink.gif

Moniere for making me laugh everytime he cracks a joke, Zigafus for helping me out in times of need, Gyllis for his awe-inspiring sermons, Philippi for being so evangelical and being so smart:;): .

Aijalon for being a great buddy, Avengar for grouping with me even when he didnt want to, and last but not least Zeb and Icthus for being a great pals and awesome partners in crime
cool.gif

Guys the only reason i play Daoc is to see you all... not for Odale or Hennis..... but for you guys.  I would go insane if Anything were to happen to you guys, i wanted you all to know that, i love you all very much
smile.gif

Hey all,

My sentiments - the same as Odale.  You guys
are a great bunch.  I hope to talk to everybody more
once I get more time to spare for gaming.

I miss ya Odie!

-john
wow.gif

The cool afternoon wind washed over his face as Chivah wandered towards the castle. The babbling of the stream, the swaying of trees, and the rushing of busybodies brought back fond memories and warm feelings. It was home, as it always had been, and it was a very welcome site.

As Chivah walked across the bridge, he wondered if any of his old friends was still around, or even if the Trinity was alive and active. He knew there was much work to do for God, and he was raring to get started.

OOC: I'm considering starting up worship services again on Monday eves. 6:30pm CST.

Philippi flew through the streets of Camelot...  he had heard a rumor, and it had brought him here, fleet-footed from the guildhouse.  He nearly overran two startled guards as he skidded around the corner of the tailoring shop, hiking his robes up as he continued on.  The few tradesmen left who hadn't been called to the frontier peered at him curiosly as he ran by the forge.  

Sweat pouring down his brow, he stumbled to a halt at the church doors, hunching over a moment to catch his breath.  When he stood back up, his eyes fell on the prostrate form of a person, praying to God.  A smile lit his face, the rumors had been true, Chivah had returned.

He knew not what trials his dear friend had undergone during his travels, but Pip was sure he had grown wiser from them.  Though Chivah was praying, Pip couldn't stop himself from hustling over to embrace his dear brother.

The guildhouse would be merrier for having Chivah returned.  Pip was glad that eve, as he settled into his bed at home.  It was good to be among friends.

(ooc: Great to have you back Chivah/Malo, look forward to seeing you!  I think I can make the Monday night service)

God bless

Icthuus floated across the cold stone of Stonehendge Barrows. Careful not to enrage any of the ghosts that called the place home, strange as it may seem to be a home.

Floating across the echo bridge and moving toward the evil wright room to dispell the evil energy there, and perhaps make a bit of shiney. Icthus did not notice a grim sight. Four Tomb Wrights waited in ambush and jumped the poor Necro in Abomination form. Frantically trying to pull life from the evil spirits her battle was in vain. The evil four had called some from of snakey goo to help dispatch the Abomination. As Icthuus convulsed back from Shade from she began to feel the icy fingers of death sinking into her flesh.

Laying on the dead floor with no chance or maybe even desire to find life again in this cold dark place, Icthuus decides to head home. As the blinding light surrounds her and fresh air fills her lungs she sees the welcome sight of the Knights of Trinity's home. It is a warm feeling that comes over her. For tonight a special treat, the light is on!

Her heart is filled with joy to see the warm fires burning and friends awaiting her to share stories and coffee with in the confirms of Brother and Sisterhood. Icthuus skips to the door content to know that Her God is good. He always answers the prayers of the faithful to bring fellowship to those in need.

I must say it is wonderful to have /gc who mean something!! I know Phil has been praying hard for us all and his prayers are being answered by a very faithful God. I would love to be apart of the Monday night service, but that is just not a posibility. I have Monday night Bible Study for the next month or so. But, do not change on account of me.

Psalms 133:3- "Behold how good and pleasant it is for Brothers (& sisters) to dwell together in unity.

Back