FOOD AGAIN!!!!!!

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
Ok we have a thread going in GW forum that has been interesting and at times a little gross, and seems to go everywhere. Basically every couple of days I will give ya a food, food related item or place. Then give me your gut *hee hee* reaction to it, or thoughts on it. Recipes also welcome. Starting with a good old standard Norte Americano cuisine.

Mc Donalds

Would try kangaroo meat. D:

I actually like McDonald's. It's hardly exceptional food, but it's one of the cheaper ways to get animal protein. They also have Powerade, and I love Powerade.

It's not that bad for you actually; Supersize Me took someone who was unaccustomed to that food, that's why he had such a violent reaction to it.

Been about 12 years since I have had McDonalds.. Before that, I would have it like 2 to 3 times a week. Then I had it, and got violently sick, and have not touched it since. My kids have never had it, and I hope it stays that way.. :)

It's not that bad for you actually; Supersize Me took someone who was unaccustomed to that food, that's why he had such a violent reaction to it.

I tend to avoid all fast food these days not just McDonald's. And if I have to eat at one with family or friends, then I will order a salad. Supersize Me put fast food in the spotlight. There's more documentaries now and even books such as Fast Food Nation.

There are fast food chains and other hamburger places which put Mickey D's to shame. I would always take Wendy's before McD's if I can. Then there are the specialty ones like 5 Guys. Of course if ya is in Oregon or Washington Burgerville is a must. Just as down south or southwest Whattaburger is worth the time and money. Then there are the really small ones like Bill Thomas Halo Burger chain in Flint, MI. Or occasionally you just plain luck out, like the time my then 13 year old son and I, having missed supper, were forced to stop at the Keyhole Bar and Grill in Mackinaw City, MI at 0130. Super burgers.

It's Sunday, what do you do for lunch, or tea, for after Church? I usually try to take my mother out to eat somewhere, she especially likes Fazoli's, or a local Mexican restaurant.

Ok we all know we are supposed to eat our veggies. What is yer favorite? Cooked or raw, and if so how cooked? I'll take raw green peppers please.

I love me some raw baby carrots. Not unheard of for me to sit and eat a bag while gaming/watching shows/idling online.

I also love steamed broccoli. Steamed to make it hot... but not enough to make it mushy. That's just eww.

Avocados. I also like raw mushrooms even though those are fungus. I'm just kind of judging it by whether I'd eat it on a salad or not. :p

Back