Free Betakeys!

I got 2 of them...lol...one for my bro and one for my wife, and set up the accounts, and everything, they are all ready for tomorrow... :)

No frills, no random draws, no questions to answer - we have 3,000 keys to give away, and it's first come, first serve ... so get yours quickly, because they'll soon be gone!
I didn't see this until today. I'm sure all 3,000 keys are long gone by now.

I didn't see this until today. I'm sure all 3,000 keys are long gone by now.
...and they probably were. But now Warcry is giving away another 7,000 beta keys.

I got my beta key...but I don't have the hard drive space clear to download the client, let alone extract the .ZIP file and install the beta.

:(

I currently only have 8.14GB free and the .ZIP file weighs in at a hefty 9.43GB.

Yeah, I had to delete Guild Wars, all three HL2's, Portal, but I still kept TF2. :p

Yeah, I had to delete Guild Wars, all three HL2's, Portal, but I still kept TF2. :p

<kidding>I would have adopted then disowned you had you deleted TF2. The very idea blasphemy! :p

I got ~40 gig empty even with Warhammer and could probably get a lot more if I got around to sorting it all neener, neener :p </kiddding>

I currently only have 8.14GB free and the .ZIP file weighs in at a hefty 9.43GB.

I think I read the install itself requires 12 gig, bummer :/.

Last edited:
Woot! I got one!

Now, wait 1000 minutes in the Fileplanet queue, download it, and see if it works on this system. :rolleyes:

Burn stuff onto DVDs to make room?
Already did that.

Burned 4GB of anime and manga to DVD a few days ago. Burned another 4GB of install and archive (.ZIP, .RAR) files the same day.

The rest of my anime is on my desktop computer, which I now use as a torrent box.

100GB is not much to work with, considering I already have Unreal Tournament 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and Counter-Strike: Source installed.

Considering the immense hassle it's going to be to download, decompress, and install the beta client, I'm leaning toward skipping the beta. I already have several PC and console games to play and I have no intention of paying to play another MMO again.

Ok, so I got my two keys (well, I have one, my wife has one) and I hit up fileplanet, wait nearly a day for the download on the free servers... and the .zip file is corrupt.

So whatever, I pay my $5 for a 1 month subscription, and try again. 6 hours later, the download finishes and.... you guessed it. Corrupt zip file.

Anyone else having problems with FPs servers? Anyone have suggestions on how to fix it? Anyone found a good place to download the beta?

1) The file is a monster. The fileplanet downloader kept on crashing on me at home (3.0 Mbps DSL) connection about 40% complete, so I ended up doing it from work which was more more speedy and the download proceeded smoothly.
2) Note that once the file is downloaded, you still have to wait for the Fileplanet downloader to "unlock" it ... which seems to be an unzipping type process. That took a pretty decent length of time, maybe 30 minutes. So make sure you let that part go through.
3) Once THAT is done, you should end up with a FOLDER (not a zip file) entitled WarhhamerOnline_Beta_encr. All the files are in that folder directly, including a setup file. Move that _encr folder to your program files or whatever you want it and then click "setup" and the program goes straight from there ... no real setup of note after the unlocking is done.
4) After that, adding just one more layer of pain, there are probably 400MB of patches that the patcher'll need to download and install.
5) I guess part of the moral of the story is to make sure you're using the Fileplanet Downloader. If you didn't ... it may be that if you download that and use it, it may be able to unlock your seemingly "corrupted" file. But I'm totally guessing here.

It ain't fun. But it's worth it!

Yeh, that turned out to be the problem. the .zip really isn't a .zip file. Go figure. Once I used the FilePlanet Downloader, I could "play" the file and it spit it out in a useable format.

Back