Graphics program

whenever I'm doing any graphics (which is rare) I use Macromedia Fireworks. You can find a demo version at www.macromedia.com It may not be the best, but its fine for me.

Ix

PhotoShop 7 with Eye Candy 4000, Flaming Pear, Kai's Power Tools and assorted other filters.

Photoshop 6 and good ol' windows paintbrush. I have Flash MX but prefer Photoshop. Also, you can usually find Photoshop LE for about $50-$100. It is the Lite version of photoshop and is more than enough to get you started.

Yeah I think I'll get photoshop. I hate being able to make websites but no graphics, so I'm going to try it out.

um, pretty much everything the photoshop does except it doesnt come with all the filters. It's mainly for web graphics (to be used with dreamweaver and flash), and it has good vector features.

I use PS7. no filters yet, I may get some.

I also may use MSPhoto Editor for an effect sometimes, and MSPaint for those times I'm too lazy to figure out how to do a simple operation in photoshop (that period is gone now, for the most part).

however, 3d applications, I have Bryce3d and trueSpace5

Im looking into some 3d rendering thing... i dunno where to start, I want to create complex 3d primitives and render them along with raytraced backgrounds etc..

any ideas what program i could use?

Animation Master looks promising, it's 300 bucks retail but has a lot of features, what type of models do you want to do (in-game or video)?

Well 3dStudio Max or Maya are like the top gods, but 15 or 20 hundred... I got both free from my friend but they are undoubtedly illegal. I wish those things were cheaper
sad.gif

If you really wanna do non-web art you gotta go with Photoshop since there's literally nothing that can compare to it in power and versatility. Fireworks is decent enough at web art as it only works in vectors but that just won't cut it right now for almost all standard work and you gotta go with a raster program i.e. Photoshop.

I can't tell whether Rizz is asking about something like Bryce/Poser or an actual professional moddeling program. It takes far more time and effort to learn and get good at the real stuff though it's the far better choice. I know you have UT2003 so you have the MayaPLE at minimum which is in functionality identical to the retail version so check out www.3dbuzz.com for some really quality training videos that are free.

For any students out there check out www.journeyed.com if you wanna buy software like this since they give incredible proces on the real full software with the only restriction being the license says you can't do anything commercial with them. For example Photoshop's $300 compared to retail $600, 3d Studio Max is $700 compared to $6000. I know it's still quite a lot, though if your a student and are buying something like this you'll save incredible money going this way (don't even have to buy it to use for school).

-Trevor
-amusedtoe

I had a go with 3ds max oncxe it took me like a day to get a donut to spin round...

Maybe i will stick to 2d graphix. I just wanted to be able to create my own stuff to put into my wallpapers.

Yeah all I want to do is graphics for websites and maybe animated gifs. I remember back in.. 7th or 8th grade we made a stickman dancing for the school district home page. But I can't remember what program we used
sad.gif

Back