H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks's Precipice

So I'm kinda peeved. I've been on the last mission of Prophecies for nearly a WEEK now, and I still haven't been able to beat it. Granted, it's been with PUGs the entire time, but I've actually had some really really good ones (one especially was easily the most effective PUG I've ever been a part of), and I couldn't nail it.

Anyway, I really just have no idea what to do except keep at it. I've even gotten to the last battle with the Lich twice, and both times we couldn't hold it together. I feel like I've wasted hours playing this mission...

If any of you have any tips (not that there really can be any other than try to keep PUG members under control), I'd love them. Or if you just want to leave me nice empathizing notes, so I can feel better about myself, that would be fine too. :D Have a nice day!

-Chadley

Note of empathy: Dont feel bad! we have all been stuck on the Lich for weeks. :)

I would me more than happy to help you out with it if you will be on tonight. Perhaps we can recruit some other guildies as well.

rofl dude i'll run it with u, ive done it with 6 people, 60% DP talkhora as the only monk and finished it with bonus :D . i'll try n hook up with u

Wow, okay, so we had four of us go at it last night. We spent an hour or so working up a team build for it, and we only got about 15 minutes into the mission before (again, I'll take the blame for over-pulling) we were blown out of the water (lava?)...

SOOOO... I'm very serious about this. Our build was 4 Eles (we either had air spike or SF on them), 2 Monks (they did great), Ilter was his Warrior with something like half damage/half defense, and I was a shutdown-Dom Mesmer. For next time, I think we need a Ranger for sure--one with a longbow for calling and with Interrupt skills because it was those Sparks that did us in (I couldn't shut them down on my own). We should probably replace at least another one of those Eles with a Warrior because we weren't doing enough damage fast enough.

Other than that, it was pretty effective. I'll be at it again this afternoon if anyone wants to join me! (only a half day at work) If anyone has any suggestions I haven't thought of, please throw them out there! See ya!

Perturbed,
Chadley Bradley

im preety sure Titans have a restitance to fire dmg. So maybe not SF next time.

Yeah, I know and now that I think about it, we had one Ranger Hero with Winter to take care of that. The Ranger needs to be human though for calls and interupts AND I think we needed to manually activate his Winter cause he wasn't smart enough himself. It really was a pretty well-developed build which, I think, would have worked REALLY well if we hadn't been usurped by Hero AI. :mad:

-Chadley

A few other tips:

-take out the hands/fists firts, then ashen hulks then titans to avoid over spawn of hands/fists. When you get to the Sparks, take them first, interrupt if possible.
-GuildWiki says that since June, Winter seems to be bugged on this mission to not convert elemental damage properly. I haven't checked myself. Cold weapons should still be effective.
-I believe you are a mesmer Chadley, consider taking Mantra of Flame to protect against the fire damage, especially if you aren't taking a Winter Ranger.
-When you get to the big open area with the portals, park the party at the entrance and have someone (ranger usually works well) run out and aggro all the hands/fists in the lava and pull them back to the party. Then carefully pull the close patrols to the entrance as well before moving out toward the portals.
-Most importantly, TAKE IT SLOW.

I'm pretty sure I've done the mission with every character that is that far along, but I'd be happy to help you out with it. I'd like to capture a couple skills from that mission on my skill hunter character (Necromancer) anyway. Let me know when you want to go.

I have beaten this mission a few times it is a really long one. I am up for helping but I cannot get on till late usually :(.

I can help out again tonight. Perhaps I can go Full tank with Obsidian flesh if we can gather enough damage doers. It is important however that I aggro all groups while you guys stay out of aggro range until they are locked unto me. At least I think that will work

I can help out again tonight. Perhaps I can go Full tank with Obsidian flesh if we can gather enough damage doers. It is important however that I aggro all groups while you guys stay out of aggro range until they are locked unto me. At least I think that will work

That's a good idea, and if that's the case we still need that Ranger but he'll have to pull the mob back to you, and then we'll join in. I should be on in an hour or so! :-D

-Chadley

I might be able to help Saturday night on this. I am pretty sure winter is bugged so it might be a good idea for the eles to run water builds. My warrior will be using conjure frost with a water damage axe. Also make sure you attack titans one at a time, otherwise you will have a ton of hands of the titans and fist of the titans tearing you up.

AMEN!! I was finally able to get through it with the help of Atown (THANKS!!). And thanks to everyone else who tried it with me over the past week and a half. :p I've moved on to trying to finish Nightfall with Chadley Bradley, so I'm sure I'll need everyone's help again. Talk to you soon!

-Chadley

sorry i couldnt go on again that night to help out, Atown and Bill got me thru HP also so you were in good hands :) On another note, I LOVE NIGHTFALL!! and I actually do know what to do in 95% of the missions so hit me up anytime for help. I have several characters hung-up in NF due to my recent 55 farming addiction, so I'll be more than willing to team up with you.

Back