Happy New Year 2018!

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Happy New Year to everyone on the east coast!

40 minutes to go here in Central time zone, but I thought I'd post now because I'll probably head to bed shortly rather than try to stay up and watch a re-run of the ball drop. :p

May the Lord bless you all and make you even more effective in ministry for His glory in 2018!

Happy New Year Everybody :) .

Public Service Announcement: To those celebrating the New Year please have the decency to wait until AFTER Christmas to celebrate it. I've no problem with a couple nights a year keeping us awake but twas the night before Christmas when all through the house fireworks are popping outside, the louts -_- . Explosions do not make for a Silent Night holy night get on your own holiday you crazy kids! Worse yet firearms are not fireworks those bullets are going to come down somewhere, it's dangerous, guns are not toys or party poppers :mad: /end rant.

Last edited:
*puts his guns away*

Yes well while I am certainly pro second amendment every year some fool shoots a gun off around here, like last night, or on 4th of July. They are going to find someone dead one of these times.

Anyway not to bring people down have a fun, and safe, new year everybody! :)

Last edited:
Yes well while I am certainly pro second amendment every year some fool shoots a gun off around here, like last night, or on 4th of July. They are going to find someone dead one of these times.

Anyway not to bring people down have a fun, and safe, new year everybody! :)

I had a friend who did fire off his automatic every new year. He used blanks and fired off only one full clip.
He was a deputy up in Pennsylvania. LoL

Life's truly busy for me, sorry I'm so late to the thread. Hope 2018 has been good to you all so far! Hope it's better than you plan it to be, too!
Be honest, who says "twenty-eighteen" and who says "two thousand eighteen"?
I use both...

I had a friend who did fire off his automatic every new year. He used blanks and fired off only one full clip.
He was a deputy up in Pennsylvania. LoL

Unfortunately I sincerely doubt the people around here have that much consideration :/ .

Life's truly busy for me, sorry I'm so late to the thread. Hope 2018 has been good to you all so far! Hope it's better than you plan it to be, too!
Be honest, who says "twenty-eighteen" and who says "two thousand eighteen"?
I use both...

I use both as well but I feel like I should to get into saying "In the year of our Lord 2018".

To change things a little bit..... What are you hoping to see for this year? What is God putting on your heart or what is your vision for your family/life this year?

I really feel called this year to just own it. that I've allowed myself to get too beat up by life when most of the time its my own thoughts and feelings that I must master.

Psalm 42:11
New International Version
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Even David said to his own soul, "what is wrong with you! God is good!"

That and to bring a sense of excellence to my life again. I've done things a bit too....half....baked....

And to really trust in God to bring goodness into our lives as we strive after Him

This year, I want my younger child to start sleeping through the night.

I want my house to not look like the aftermath of a tornado.

I want to be more useful (or just useful at all) to God's Kingdom and His plan, which is the heart behind the first two desires.

This year, I want my younger child to start sleeping through the night.

I want my house to not look like the aftermath of a tornado.

I want to be more useful (or just useful at all) to God's Kingdom and His plan, which is the heart behind the first two desires.
soooo...

How does one do that?

soooo...

How does one do that?
That is a very challenging question, especially when it appears, at first glance, that there are no time slots available for my wife and I to volunteer and get more involved in our church or other outreach efforts. In any given day, there's little to nothing left in the tank once we fulfill our responsibilities (work, home, kids).

Back