Healing Pally thingy ...

Allanon

Mike and Jason, do you guys use mods at all when you are healing on your pallies? keeping beacon up is expensive when it is done too soon. I use PallyPower for like forever but haven't done any mods for healing. Thoughts?

I've been using Healbot for a very long time. I tried Vuhdo, didn't like it as much. Healbot lets you display icons on bars for your Beacon and Sacred Shield, gives you a countdown for when they are fading out. You can do the same thing sort of in Vuhdo. I like the look and feel better of Healbot though. Divine Illumination is helpfull on the mana cost if you can pop it before you Beacon, yes it is on a 3 min cooldown but every little bit helps.

Maybe its just a bit old school, but I make sure my focus target is my Beacon target. Using X-Perl, I have made my buffs larger than everyone elses, and can easily see the time remaining for Beacon.

If, for some weird reason, my sacred shield target is different than my beacon, I have beacon on focus and regular target as my sac shield. Of course this means I have to alternate between zapping a mob to keep the haste up and going back to my sac shield target, but it works.

Adam,
Looking at your gear the belt for frost badges is probably biggest upgrade. You can throw 2 x Int Gems and a SP gem if you want (remember to add belt buckle) for a big gain in Intellect over what you are wearing now that you won't have to worry about upgrading anytime soon so you can spend the $$ for nice gems.

Also look at this libram, believe it or not it is still the best Libram for Holy Pally who is casting HL and isn't a FL only build.

As for GEMS only put Brilliant Gems in yellow, Nightmare Tear in your 1st blue spot, Dazzling is probably next best for Blue, Luminous or Runed for red gem slots. If you look at Berstromme, I'm not quite optimized in terms of gems. But I don't have a jewelcrafter, and am impatient and typically buy my gems off the AH 100% of the time. There weren't any Luminous on the AH when I gemmed my belt or else i'd have done that over the runed. Once I get my gold back up I'll probably re-gem it. I keep hoping for an upgrade to my bracers...probably need to regem them and I'll get a drop...

Last edited:
I'am currently switching my pally to heals and have found this thread helpfull :)

One question I have is what is the most importent stats for a Pally healer, I assume SP, haste, Crit and Int, but not sure or in what order :)

Thanks for any help, any other advice for a newbie Pally healer would be good too, I've healed on my druid, shaman and priest in raids but never with a pally so its all new.

I can cut most gems on Atavus for you impatient paladins. :) I just need to make sure that I have the cuts that Paladins want (and I can cut Nightmare tears).

Back