heh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

*AKA*Jester

i dont really know how to word this or nething... i just need some guidance with this whole faith thing. i try to do it right. im just a noob.. i just want some prayers that i start to hera god more. i listen but so far its silence. i know hes there and that he hears me, but i dont know what he wants for me. if anyone could offer up some advice or just chat with me sometime that would be cool... im a bit rough around the edges, and im by no means perfect. if i was a house id be a fixer upper. ive had some rough times over the past few months and have been stuggleing to regain my mental and emotional composure. i dunno... if anyone wants to help me, please by all means respond to this and IM me....

Peace--Jman

i'm kinda the same way.. rough around the edges.. i've always heard about God speaking to people, but i myself have never really expirienced that... and trying to get over my recent addiction.. well i'm still tryin to get my life back on track cause of that.. but i know how you feel listen for God and not hearin anything even though u know he's out there.. you will be in my prayers man

The greatest show of faith is to pray and believe that its real. What else is better than talking to something you cant see. The trick is perseverance.

If you dont have a daily prayer and bible routine then you should try and construct one. Dont just pray. God gets a bit annoyed when its you doing all the talking..lol. read his word and let god speak to you. Over time you will draw closer to him but dont expect overnight redemption.

If you need any advice/prayer or anything feel free to contact myself or one of the CGA mentors.

I will keep you in my prayers and ditto on what Rizz posted. Read the Bible, read the Bible, and read it some more. You can't get much more of a direct communication from God than through the Bible. Just continue to seek Him. God bless.

Faith is a tough thing.  It is not something that can be taught, but something that comes from the inside.  Some people struggle with faith as others struggle with an addiction or anything else.

Belief is easy, faith is hard.

God made each of us unique individuals and we each have our own walk with him.  It too is unique.  God does not speak to us all in the same manor.  Some of us communicate to God through prayer, others through reading His word.  Others do it by both.

What I would do is set up some time daily to pray and maybe read a little (a bible in a year is a good guide to get you going for that.)

As for praying....make it sincere.  God wants is to be fully open in honest when we praise Him, convess to Him in our prayers.  I mentioned to some of the others here that my Bible study group is currently reading the book "To busy not to pray" by Bill Hybles.  If you want to learn a good way to pray to ensure that you are communicating fully with God through prayer, this book is a good read.  If you don't pick it up, for whatever reason, just be sure that your communication is 100% honest with God.  If you want to talk more about it, as Rizz said, you can send any of us Mentor's a message. I'll keep you in my prayers.
In Him,

Cory

Hey there, Jester.

Just adding my two bits here.

Faith is a cool thing. And it's hard. Simple...but hard.

A few verses to meditate on...and a thought.

Faith isn't some abstract concept...it's a way of living. It's walking down the street...looking around and saying and knowing that "I see this street and those things visible, but there is a world here that is invisible"

Hebrews 11:1 says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen."

The NIV says it in a simpler, and less deep way, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see."

The disciples prayed "Lord, increase our faith."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back