Helpful Tips for the WoW Gamer

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Helpful Tips:

· Never solo caves…lol
· You can pick up multiple quests at a time – do it.  Pick up any and all quests you come across, always.  If you decide to abandon a quest, perhaps to make room in your log, you can always go back and pick it up again.
· Never buy better items, armor, or weapons from vendors.  Instead, win them from quests.  You will find all the equipment you will ever need by doing quests; there is no need to pay for overly expensive items from vendors.

· The key to saving money: envision your future mount, which you can get at level 40.  Mounts are expensive, but are incredibly useful.  You’ll wish you had one when you don’t and are level 42+.

· Always loot.  If it’s trash, loot it.  If it’s useless, loot it.  If you can’t use it, loot it.  When you run out of room in your bags sell all your gray items, and loot some more.  You will make a TON of money doing this.  In WoW, even trash sells for good money; you’d be very surprised at how much most junk can sell for.

· Always log out at a tavern.  Additionally, you can use your hearthstone for free and fast transportation…use this to your advantage.  Note: you can set your hearthstone to different taverns, but you can only set it to one at a time.

· Always unlock griffon flight paths when you discover new cities.  When you find yourself in a new area immediately head to the nearest town and unlock the griffon flight path.

· Most quests only require two people to accomplish, so don’t group up with 3 or 4, when you only need a couple to finish the tasks.  The most efficient way is to find someone very near your level, and do a handful of quests together.  If you finish one, ask to do another.  This is the fastest and most efficient way to level up.

· Visit your class trainers often.  Every even level will earn you new spells.  All majors cities are provided with all class trainers.
· Keep tradesgoods and give them to guildmates. Many 'white' items can be used as tradesgoods such as copper ore, and our tradeskills can benefit from this. If you can't use it yourself, keep it, and give it to a fellow guildie.

Editing to add...

I hope you won't mind if I put in a few tips of my own
smile.gif

- After about level 15, do not vendor green/blue/purple items. Instead, put them up for trade or in an auction. This is a general rule although there are some exceptions. Something that is put in an auction requires someone willing to buy it. If you find cloth armor gives strength and stamina, chances are people won't want it so you might as well vendor them.

- Look at what the going rate is in other auctions before setting a price. Then, make your starting bid just a little lower
biggrin.gif
. ALWAYS put a buyout on it and make it reasonable: Not too little and not too much.

- Know when to put up an auction and time it accordingly. The best time is to have it end around peak hours, eg. from about 8-12 pm.

- If you don't know what a good price is, ask! The best thing is to ask a guild mate because you may not always be able to trust other people. There are times you can sell an item for far more than you expected.

- No need to repair everything, every time you pass buy a vendor. You will be replacing equipment pretty often in the early levels that repairing won't matter.

- Know and respect the looting rules. Don't roll or loot an item that you cannot use unless no one else can either. Roll on items if more than one person needs it. Generally, groups will go by NBG (Need before greed) rules (Not looting rules - that is usually set to Group Loot or Round Robin).

Aww, your last statement is a very good one.

The looting is actually pretty important; and in fact I even heard of one guild being split because one guy accidently looted an elite item in a dungeon (they got pretty upset over it - kinda weird).

On most occasions I put looting on Round Robin, which when on quests is the most fair; but when we enter dungeons I'll probably put it on need before greed, or another nifty looting method. Other party leaders should consider doing the same.

I prefer round robin for people respect looting rules or in a group of friends (Which should be the case if we're questing as a guild). For this same reason I don't think NBG is necessary; NBG also doesn't work very well; Warriors can roll on more items than other people, and at times you're not allowed to roll on an item if you need to say, gain another level first.

Edit:

Group Loot is a free-for-all looting method except for items hitting the threshold (Set by party leader: They are for each type of item, such as green, blue, purple, etc.). On such cases, anyone can roll on it or pass. Highest roll gets the item.

NBG means only people who can use an item are allowed to roll on it and follows group loot style.

Round Robin has everyone take turns to loot items.

Free-for-all means anyone can loot any and everything.

Master Looter I think means the group leader gets to loot everything and/or choose who the items go to, but I'm not sure.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Nov. 27 2004,3:57)]Auctions???  Need before Greed??? Round Robin?
rock.gif
  Man, I still have a lot reading to do
sad.gif
lol...no you don't. These are all things you'll learn in the game
smile.gif

Back