HoH Build Idea

Honestly guys I've tried HoH team builds I've made only three times and two of those were the same build... I've made at least 15 by now perhaps more than 20. It's time I get to have fun :p

This team build idea of mine is, as usual, a spike build. I figured it would be nifty to have a bunch of skills that you can reuse within only a few seconds so that missing a spike won't destroy the whole team. Also, for the first time, they have potential self healing...
As fun as the idea of spiking with 6 people casting 4 hexes each onto a target with Soul Barbs (6x4x30 = 720 and then armor is included), the real kicker is the very last hex you cast. Naturally most opponents won't die with the first three hexes (and they will be healed to near full health most likely), but the elite skill does massive damage when spiked (6x95 = 570 without armor). If the target happens to die while under the elite spike, it causes an even stronger AoE spike, making all nearby foes potential corpses. The recharge is also a nifty five seconds, allowing you to toy around with another key feature while you wait for the elite spike.

The best part about this build is one I included coincidentally. I figured it would be good to pick off anyone who survived the AoE blast with a medium damage spike... However I didn't think as much about the idea of instant recharge when the target is near a corpse as I should have. Anybody who was hit by the elite spike after the original target's death is in range to give you infinite signet spike. That means you get to spike once per second and lose absolutely no energy...
Furthermore, if you manage to kill every person who was in the blast range, you've created a larger range for the signet's instant recharge factor, and you could potentially signet spike the entire team out!
Basically, what I'm getting at is that this build is made to kill at least one person quickly, and death in fact makes it easier to kill them. Naturally this makes it a quick chain spike build.

I'm not sure but I think the Signet of Lost Souls is basically useless but I don't know of any Curses or Soul Reaping non-elite skills that will heal you.

Here is the build for the spiker.

Please get this up and running I would like to win the Hall with my own build once in my GWing life!

I like the concept a few of the spells take way too long to cast though but I think it is the base of a very nice Spike. If you don't mind I would like to tweek it a bit. I just see like 2 or 3 skills that might now work very well in HoH remember more than one character has Hex removal in HOH.

tweak away, you know i'm not perfect

hex removal doesn't really destroy the spike it just makes it less efficient... Icy Veins gives a good enough spike in most cases, but the rest of the build is just to add on.

be amazed at how bizarre this build is and i know it's pretty vulnerable to things like interruption but it definately has potential. Dredd please work out the bugs xD

It's basically going to be a shock when they discover that 3 monks and a ritualist are healing and the only cause of damage is in fact an unblockable high speed interruption assassin with no attack skills. rofl.
Chances are this build is a lost cause because... if the assassin dies and gets DPed the whole team is basically wasted. However with anti hex prot, anti condition prot, healing, and restoration, it's hard to say that death is very easy to attain... obviously any type of degen (cough SF/SH) has no chance against a team with that kind of healing power... and to think that a monk can defend itself against a couple of interruptions per second with high damage, no blocking, and life stealing is insane beyond reason. I am a very good prot monk and i faced an assassin with a rit giving it warmonger's weapon and i was unable to defend myself even with Guardian on before the attacking.
It will take more than one monk to keep anybody on the enemy team alive and the assassin doesn't have to cast anything to keep up the onslaught, meaning that as long as the casters can cast for him he doesn't have to do much...
Warmongering Team

The most dangerous thing about this team is that even though with so much defense it seems impervious, once a single teammate goes down the team has a hard time staying together... As well as this, if the assassin isn't attacking, wandspiking won't do much, obviously (even with the orders on :( ) so the assassin is the most important thing to keep alive. Then the monks. Then the ritualists. Then the necros.
I would laugh if this build made it off the ground but there's always a chance that it will jump up and hit the ground running o.0

by the way i've decided that we aren't the best spikers in the world and i should resort to builds that instead interlock all the skills to generate synergy...

so far the only thing you can't prevent in this game is basically stances, so perhaps we should do a stance team next? o.0

all smite monks has been done but it would probably still work, lol...

i'm thinking an ele... "degen" group... so to speak... right now
for example, an air ele or two, water ele or two, a fire ele (not 2)... there's an interesting combo with water hexes and air magic that would go great with Elemental Flame (hex that sets them on fire when an ele hex ends on them)... It would be pretty powerful and you don't have to really spike but you still have to coordinate your stuff... the fire ele would lead, calling "I'm using Elemental Flame on ____!" and then the water ele would target them and use it's skill and so on...

it might be too difficult to run but it could probably work :p

I hope to post a balanced build & spike build for us to test soon. =)

I also have been thinking of tweaks to the thumper build we ran a few weeks back.

Back